Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going Saturday to install DynaBeads and inflate with Nitrogen.
My new Bike has a vibration 30-40MPH and weights are there so since I have had heat success with daybeads in the past I'm going to install them and take the weights of. They are ugly anyway. This time I'm going to try Nitrogen for the first time. Since the beads roll inside the tire and they are a pain to put in air with the dual dim brakes, gas is dry and has no water in it like compressed air, I figure I try it,
I live in Miami were in summer gets very hot and very humid so even air from a compressor is humid, in the past I have to check tires 2 times a week and many times find a variation of 2+ pounds I can feel the difference in the handling.
Nitrogen is dry gas and does not leak as much and tires runs cooler so I figure I try it. The package price is for one year so in 6 months after summer I will be able to tell any difference if any and if it is work the hype.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Just a word on your vibration. If its due to balance then the DynaBeads should work just fine but if its due to something that's bent or out of round they will either not change anything or make the problem worse.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I don't know about the nitrogen in the tires. I don't think it really helps and the tires certainly aren't designed for it. We have nitrogen at work for the airplanes, but they only use it because the moisture in the tire air freezes at height and screws up the pressure settings.

The dyna beads are great. I don't see how they can make the problem worse, if it is the wheel. But proceed with caution all the same. Good luck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks like more money put into what I would call a temporary fix that is most likely a tire or balance problem. This is a 2013 scooter, is it not under warranty, or is there not a good motorcycle tire dealer to check out the problem in Florida. I personally never liked to patch a problem, I want the heart of the problem taken care of.

John

·
Registered
255 Posts
If I remember right dyna beads are ceramic in make up and won't rust exposed to water. Nitrogen in the tires is supposed to not change the tire pressure as the tire heats up from use as compared to regular old air, but I'm not sure it makes that big a difference for the everyday driver.
Greg

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Have been using Dynabead many year now, no stick on weigh do as good a job long term as Dynabead.

Contrary to 1 oz chart recommendation on Dynabead site me use 2 oz. in front and of course rear also, have found it help with cupping when tire in it last quarter.

Purchase Dynabead in large quantity 16 or 20 oz. bag then weigh in 2 oz. bag on mini kitchen scale, save much money doing this.

Do not believe in big difference of benefit of nitrogen so not use it.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Have been using Dynabead many year now, no stick on weigh do as good a job long term as Dynabead.

Contrary to 1 oz chart recommendation on Dynabead site me use 2 oz. in front and of course rear also, have found it help with cupping when tire in it last quarter.

Purchase Dynabead in large quantity 16 or 20 oz. bag then weigh in 2 oz. bag on mini kitchen scale, save much money doing this.

Do not believe in big difference of benefit of nitrogen so not use it.
^this...

My experience with DynaBeads has been similar, use twice the recommended amount. I have also found that at higher speeds (75+ mph on my '03 400), and as the mileage racks up, they can get "confused" and fail to smooth things out as well as at lower speeds. After 10 to 12k miles a powder, apparently the result of the ceramic beads pounding on each other, builds up in the tire--I believe this is why they become lesd effective...

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
In the Jeep world we can use AirSoft pellets or RV fresh water system antifreeze in the tires for balancing. I tried the AirSofts in my 35" Maxxis Creepy Crawlers and it made the vibration worse because the tires are not round enough.

·
Administrator
20,116 Posts
I run a special mix that is just 78% nitrogen...
I live dangerously, I run 21% pure oxygen in my tires. And my engine loves it too. :D Was going to try lightening up my bike by filling the tires with pure Hydrogen, just call me SuperNova.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This was my decision and its not a patch. The tires had weights and I could have them rebalanced. Static balance is not perfect by no means, first off the proper way to balance a tire is weights on both sides, not just one side. I went to school and had class from tire manufacturers.
Most important is when was the last tome this balancer was calibrated?
3rd How pre size is the mechanic doing the job or if he is like most, "aah t
hats close enough" I have used Dynabeads for at least 3-4 years and always perfect results. Put in the amount recommended by manufacturer and thats it,
It's also much cheaper than having your tires dismounted and rebalanced. they are always in perfect balance.
Nitrogen: like I said its my first time and like anything else I do research and ask many techs for negatives. so far the only negative is the cost. My dealer charges $16.00 for a year all refills free. So I weighed the cost to what benefits I could possibly gain. and after doing my homework I find that Nitogen for Florida or any other very hot area makes a lot of sense.
Since there is no moisture in tire only Nitrogen tires is cooler, leaks less than air, less maintenance of me. {Air I have to check every 3-4 days and fill.}
Safer since my tires are cooler and inflated to proper pressure I will get better performance and lasting longer. This is a long time test in 2000-3000 miles I will know the results.
SO you see its no way a patch. To me to have the shop dismount and rebalance my tires regularly is the patch. The shop loves it, keep on charging. Also if I get less miles on my tires then I need to replace them more often. Tire pressure ob a bike is critical. Just touch the tire valve let a little air out, that will be at least 5 LB do the same on a car that has 4 wide tires and it only lets out ½ lb. I will notice a alb difference in my tires right away the way the bike handles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts