Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home this afternoon on a local street a dog comes out of a yard full bore after the bike. The corner is maybe 50 feet down the block with a stop sign for the other traffic , So I could hit the gas and go.
As I am sure we all know this is the right way because it throws "fido's " timing off and he misses the bike.
For some reason all of a sudden I do something I have never done before, I hit the brakes and decide to let this ferocious dog get me.
He was a big mean dog, must have been at least 10 lbs. :lol:
At the moment I stopped a green mini van went shooting through the stop sign at the corner, I would have been hamburger if I have kept going and speeded up to avoid the dog.
The dog, he stopped sniffed the bike and went back to his yard.
I would love to think I did something (or saw) something and reacted right , I don't think so--just Dumb Luck.

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Randy,

In this instance, the phrase 'I'd Rather be Lucky Than Good' seems rather appropriate. Glad you were lucky :!:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Randy, you should have got off and kissed that big mean dog; after all he did save your life. :lol:

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Well ... he did give the dog a present. He let'em catch the Burgman for once. :p

·
Registered
311 Posts
Randy, they say everything happens for a reason. I'm sure glad it worked out just great for you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have had a similar experience and tested it several times on my peddle bike and on an aicraft tug. It must be something to do with moving parts that sets them off and when you stop the dog doesn't know what to do.
Lady luck was with you that day.

Cheers
Ian :D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Seems like things do happen for a reason. Sometimes it's not as evidently clear in the beginning as it was in your case this time.

Glad you survived the dog attack!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts