Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what year the 400 came out with two head lights instead of one?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Yep. It was in 2003 they changed to the dual lamps.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
both lamps light

billmeek said:
Yep. It was in 2003 they changed to the dual lamps.
last year when we we drooling over the burgmans the dearler told us that even though the 2004 had two lamps that some customers were complaining only one at a time would light and it made some people think that one of the lamps was burned out. When we got the 2005 home we noticed that both lamps burn on dim or bright. Did the 2004's in fact only burn one lamp at a time?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
No. Even with the '03s, both headlights are always lit. My V-Strom works the same way. The dealer is confused. Yamaha's do that thing where only one headlight lights on low beam, and the other on high beam. I never liked that. But Suzukis light both headlights.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Sounds like dealer misinformation to me. My 2003 400 burns both lights on dim and high.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
billmeek said:
Sounds like dealer misinformation to me. My 2003 400 burns both lights on dim and high.
Maybe it was the honda's he was thinking about. They also have the Reflex and the Siverwing :roll:

·
Registered
65 Posts
By Honda Jazz (Reflex) only one is used by Suzuki

And it is true that when I had the Jazz many told me about my "burned out" headlight.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: By Honda Jazz (Reflex) only one is used by Suzuki

Bendi said:
And it is true that when I had the Jazz many told me about my "burned out" headlight.
Whats "the jazz"?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Re: By Honda Jazz (Reflex) only one is used by Suzuki

swstiles said:
Whats "the jazz"?
The Jazz is a scooter made by Honda. In some markets it's called a Jazz. In the USA it's called the Metropolitan.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've found most dealers to be ill-informed about their own scooter models. It seems to be caused by a severe case of apathy in the media and advertising departments. Scooters don't have the media hype going for them that the cruisers or replica racers have (Anyone ever seen a Burgman commercial?). I look at my Burgman 650 as being an economical touring bike. My last bike was a Bandit 1200 - and the "Standard" models are also underplayed by the manufacturers...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts