Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, whats you guys thought on splitting the 650's exhaust pipe into two, instead off currently one, to hold mufflers off a v-star 600 ?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I was told a lot of science goes into exhaust systems as far as air flow and backpressure. Not sure how you would mount it and if there would be any improvement in performance. Also wiring for just one oxygen sensor. All you can do is try and convert it back if it doesn't work.

·
Super Moderator
15,589 Posts
I ain't a fan of a hot exhaust right below where I fuel up, & wouldn't want to have to reroute the breathers and overflow to get 'em away from the pipe, so I'd pass on the idea myself just based on that...then, like Fester notes ya gotta refigure backpressure, O2 sensors, all of that for pretty minimal gain, & possibly (if you mess up the back pressure) messing up your power curve vs. the CVT/RPM, so possibly needing to reprogram the CVT as well.

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
I think a member did this way back in 2008 or so. All that data would still be on here but the pictures are most likely gone in the two server moves.

Reactions: Bluebottle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told a lot of science goes into exhaust systems as far as air flow and backpressure. Not sure how you would mount it and if there would be any improvement in performance. Also wiring for just one oxygen sensor. All you can do is try and convert it back if it doesn't work.
Oh i see, thank you Uncle Fester, i think i might just leave it alone 🙂👍

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
For sound only, lots of people put a Leo Vance or other aftermarket muffler on. But you must find one that has the Lambda sensor port.

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
jus stick some cards in th spokes
That would work great on your ZERO too.

Or a Fosters Beer can stuck in the forks pushing on the tyre.

·
Registered
545 Posts
This.
It is (in)famous that on an early version of the Piaggio X9 at 130Km/h (italian highway speed) the under-belly airflow deviated the hot from the exhaust pipe to the rear tire, melting it. The resulting accident killed the owner. *

So i'd suggest to not try to experiment with this.

* This is the best i can recall, so i may be wrong on the model, perhaps, but the story is true.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For sound only, lots of people put a Leo Vance or other aftermarket muffler on. But you must find one that has the Lambda sensor port.
Thank you 🙂 im gonna check out the Leo Vance with senor port. More power to ya 😎

1 - 10 of 10 Posts