Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, y'all! I've been off the forum since the election season hotted up but, I'm back!

Anyway, I was cruising the gallery, trying to get caught up, and I saw this photo. drspencer - rear wheel seepage on AN650
I did all kinds of searches but I can't find where it may have been discussed. Anyway, that looks EXACTLY like the rear wheel of my 650. My dealer just kind of shrugged it off and said may something was overfilled.

What's the verdict on this?

BTW - I have found some killer deals on jackets and gloves on eBay! I'm ready for the cooler weather, now.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Put your scooter on the centerstand and try to move the rear wheel side to side. There should be no movement. If there is sideplay, it is a bad wheel bearing. Also examine your final drive case for leakage. I can't remember how that scenario turned out either. You could send a PM to drspencer48 and ask.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine leaked like a sieve when I first got it but after I changed the oil in the final drive it stopped. I think some of them get over filled at the factory.
My father always used to tell me "Never buy a car (or bike) built on a Thursday. Monday, the guy on the line is happy after the weekend. Tuesday he's ready to go to work . Wednesday is hump day, he's looking forward to the weekend. Thursday he's had enough of this #*%*@&# line. Friday TGIF."

·
Registered
125 Posts
I pm'd Al on this, but let me share with everyone. I took it to my dealer, he looked at it and ask me if I had overfilled it when I did the 600 miler. He couldn't get to it for a couple of days, so I rode it home and wiped off the seepage. I now have over 200 miles since the "wiping" and nothing has returned. I guess I may have overfilled it, but will continue to check it.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
My late Kawi Concours would seep from the rear differential during the first couple of rides each Spring. The rest of the year it was fine. It did this every year for the five years that I owned it. The differential was not overfilled. The only thing I could figure, was that a seal would shrink a bit during Winter storage. Once I resumed regular riding, it would swell up and seal properly. Anyway, I learned not to worry about it. I just had to wipe down the wheel hub once each Spring - no big deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts