Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Standing in front of it, pulling it out of its parking slot in the garage, the side stand retracted when I went to lean it down... got away with some scratches on the side plastics. Nothing broken thank goodness or it would have been a really bad Friday :( I almost wish it had fallen into my Saturn. Oh well.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Welcome to I got scratches on my burgman club! I have a few use wounds myself. Now your bike has character. It is amazing how scratches do not affect the performance of the scooter. I have always told myself, these are an easy fix but don't ever get around to it. Now you can be more aggressive with it and not worry about scratching it, but honestly, I know the gut wrenching feeling when you mar a pristine panel. Sorry for your misfortune. According to some people on the forum, the bike is now totaled, and you must sell it for next to nothing or at a loss. Not to worry, I offer $500.00 for it, if it comes to that. Again , sorry about you accident:(

·
Registered
252 Posts
According to this awesome forum, you can simply order a specific part at a parts dealer such as http://www.partshark.com/oemparts/c/suzuki_scooter/parts and return it back to new. I am in the market for a Burgman and am surprised at how the price drops in the thousands due to a scratch when you the replacement parts are in the teens or 100s.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha ha Gappy you're funny!

"Front leg shield Red $484" Must be the gold-coated one.

Heck, I can't see the scratches when I ride it anyway :D

It landed on the stupid bar end so maybe I will get some REAL bar ends to replace the stupid Suzuki ones. Silver lining and whatnot...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Penny Wise and Pound Foolish ?

Welcome to I got scratches on my burgman club! I have a few use wounds myself. Now your bike has character. It is amazing how scratches do not affect the performance of the scooter. I have always told myself, these are an easy fix but don't ever get around to it. Now you can be more aggressive with it and not worry about scratching it, but honestly, I know the gut wrenching feeling when you mar a pristine panel. Sorry for your misfortune. According to some people on the forum, the bike is now totaled, and you must sell it for next to nothing or at a loss. Not to worry, I offer $500.00 for it, if it comes to that. Again , sorry about you accident:(
It really isn't any different than a car when you wreck it . If you smash your plastic bumper it will cost you up to a couple thousand dollars to replace it . If you don't repair it a buyer will want to deduct that amount from the price . IMHO any one who doesn't have full coverage with a $100.00 deductible on a plastic scooter is playing with fire . If the insurance companies are dumb enough to sell you coverage on these plastic scooters , you should be smart enough to buy it .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
347 Posts
It landed on the stupid bar end so maybe I will get some REAL bar ends to replace the stupid Suzuki ones. Silver lining and whatnot...
Just drive it with the bent one like I do, Ya know from 10 ft. away you probably can't even see it, and after a time you won't see it either unless you are really anal retentive and lose sleep over it. In which case one should see a psychiatrist:D

·
Registered
347 Posts
If the insurance companies are dumb enough to sell you coverage on these plastic scooters , you should be smart enough to buy it .

TheReaper!
Agreed, However I have learned to live with some imperfections in my life and SOME of the insurance coverages sold out there are like buying a dead horse. I am sure the actuaries on this matter is a money making deal or they would not sell it.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but like gappy said, now you don't have to be so nervous with your every move on it, treating it like china. Sigh of relief, heck, I think I'm going to go outside and push mine over right now......

·
Registered
347 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but like gappy said, now you don't have to be so nervous with your every move on it, treating it like china. Sigh of relief, heck, I think I'm going to go outside and push mine over right now......
LMAO You have just made my day! brought tears to my eyes!!!!

·
Registered
857 Posts

I want a video.... :D

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Rest assured there will be some others that are not as fortunate and have to total it out. I have seen some near perfect plastic pieces on ebay and craigslist. Just do regular searches. However, I always see the pieces at a really good deal until I decide to buy it and it is gone. I have seen the front cowling of a 650 for $40 and it was in excellent condition. be patient and you will find the replacement in your color. Or maybe you just need to do that new paint job you've been wanting.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just my two cents about after market parts. I have found Cheapcycleparts.com to have the lowest prices. I.E. the clutch bell sells for $188.82 for my K7 400, Partshark sells it for $224 and the dealer in St. Augustine wants $249.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I badly cracked the front headlight/legshield panel on mine. It was a very long crack and an very obvious one. Left without a fix it would spread due to the stress it takes. A new panel over here is £380 but come already colour matched. However, I had it abs welded and sprayed for £110 all in. It's stronger than new and looks like new too. It's like anything. You can fix these things for very reasonable cost if you know what to do.

·
Registered
493 Posts
welcome in the club.

a little sanding, painting and camouflaging and nobody will see it.

been there, done that.....

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Some like to make light of it but the truth is if you've dropped yours , the picture below represents exactly how you felt at the moment . No one does a couple of thousand dollars worth of damage to a nice bike without being sick about it . A couple of weeks ago I looked at a 2012 locally with 200 miles on it with over $3,000 worth of damage , and about a gallon of touch up paint on it . The guy was asking 7K for it , I guess he was hoping a blind man would bail him out ? Any way long story short , it actually made me ill to see what he had done to that beautiful 2012 moon stone gray 650 . Those older model moon stone gray exec's are **** near a work of art off the show room floor , and it made me sick to see what that guy had done to it AND I DIDN"T OWN IT !

TheReaper!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts