Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows of a kit that will allow the front turn signals to act as running lights & turn signals without replacing the sockets and bulbs with dual filiment ones? I had an older Kawasaki that was wired that way, not sure if it was stock since I bought it used. Is there any law against having them wired that way? It seems like a waste not to use those "dead" bulbs for additional accent/safety.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Turn Signal Running lights

There used to be a product called Priority Lights. It was simply an electronic black box that wired into the lighting circuits. It would make the front and rear turn signals act as running lights (lower intensity), and the rear turn signals also functioned as additional brake lights. No replacement of bulbs was necessary. I don't think it is still on the market though, and 30 minutes or so of web searching did not find anything similar.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have seen a kit that will let you do what that (will look for the eweb site if you need it) but it seem that it might be much easer to change the socket that has dual filiment and run a set of new wires, I wonder if the rear running and break socket would fit the front to do just that. I will have to check it out as that would be something I would want but only have the front running light on at night just as the rear side led markers I have installed with rear side turn signal. Does anyone knows if the rear socket would fit the front.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think that you are thinking of the "Kisan signalMinder" perhaps. Please refer to http://www.cyclegadgets.com for info. I think that the product number for all Bergmans is SM-35V. Refer to discussion of this issue posted on this website on March 14th.

·
Registered
368 Posts
http://www.kriss.com has a kit for the front and the rear. I pu the rear on my 650. Had LOTS of problesm with the unit (had to send it back 3 times)

But, it is working now and I do like it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
What I did was to get a set of rear turn break light socket and swap out with the front and ran a wire from the rear to power the front running lights, I went one step feather to add a simple switch on the front running light so I can switch then on at night when I believe it is most needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts