Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice job on the lights. Where did you get the cup holder?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I just can't like the look of the lights down there. I am sure they work well but they look silly and I can imagine would easy to damage.

I like the cupholder and like Cdeptola1 would like to know where you got it. It looks like it folds when not in use.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well I like your light project and a great idea for the cup holder .Not sure where else u could mount your lights with minimum work

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
The nice advantage to mounting there should be the light is where you point the bike.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Just added some lights to the 13 Burgman. Man are they bright. It was a easy install. Just drilled out one end of the reflector mount and tapped it to 8x1.25 and mounted them on. Also added a cup holder.
Nice setup, But you should Use a Steal Strap, So there won't get Stolen Since those Kind of Leds are Popular...

MJR, +1 On Aiming Light as you Turn, Just way you see the ground Ahead... The setup leb123, has that As Well. The Only Problem i had with it, Is Keeping the Wires from Getting Between the Steering Column. Sucks some time..

Elliott,

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the wires were pretty simple, after getting all the Tupperware off. No problems with the steering I just followed the brake line through the holder to the bars. the main wires went from the frame on the right side of the bike and up. there seemed to be a lot more room there. just hooked up the 2 power lines there. one to the battery and ran the other to the open seat heater fuse. This will let me shut off the lights with the ign. The cup holder is up side down. It works great. just used two strips of Velcro to hold it down it is very solid and holds larger cups and mugs. I got it from Amazon.com it is called The Mugger from American technology. Part#CH-00100-blk-1 the cost was around 6.50 dollars and shipped within 2 days. I just need to put a piece of leather or light wood on the top because it is up side down, it was made to be mounted on a door or dash.
I would have liked to put the lights higher but there is no place for them with a strong support. Right under the head light was my second choice but would limit my front wheel travel up and down. Down there they work great with the fog we have had the last couple of nights. Yes they look funny but I cant see them when riding.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Thrust Me there not Funny, I have mines in the same Spot, I use them When Dark, And Sometimes Fog..

Elliott,

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Nice job, nice spacer, how long is this spacer ?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
whats the model, price and store please?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
leb123, I like where you mounted your lights. They look good, where did you get them and what watt are they? Also do you know how many looms they are?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Added some to my 2012 Exec about a year ago. I like having them low and point as I turn.

late,
Coz

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are 12 watts each. Also they are rated at 6300k, that is a little to white for me but could not find a led in the 5k range. These are very bright. If I had to do it over again I would have went with a flood pattern instead of a spot pattern. These throw a pattern 3 times longer than the headlights and make them look yellow. I am going to change out the head light bulbs with the Piaa plasma, they are rated at 5500k. still a white light but more usable than stock.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Added some to my 2012 Exec about a year ago. I like having them low and point as I turn.
What no marker lights in the mirrors? :D

They are 12 watts each. Also they are rated at 6300k, that is a little to white for me but could not find a led in the 5k range. These are very bright. If I had to do it over again I would have went with a flood pattern instead of a spot pattern. These throw a pattern 3 times longer than the headlights and make them look yellow. I am going to change out the head light bulbs with the Piaa plasma, they are rated at 5500k. still a white light but more usable than stock.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/piaa-1100-led-light-kit?utm_source=product&kwd=&gclid=COii2qyGgr8CFZSEfgoduUYANw

Ouch!

http://www.piaa.com/store/p/140-1100-LED-Motorcycle-Driving-Lamp-Kit.aspx

No specs listed in lumens, 1100 maybe?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I looked long and hard at the clearwater lights. They are great. The only reason I went with Piaa is they sponsored me when I did an arctic circle crossing in Feb of 2000. they were good people to work with and so I stayed with them. No neither are cheap. They both cost a lot we will see how they hold up.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I remember working with PIAA lights back in the late 80's to early 90's when I was building concept cars at the time, nice but still pricey back then too. ;)

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Have added mine recently also. Investigated a couple of options but found the ones used by light gurus, Cdeptola1, TheDarkCutlass, Colossal suit the bike best. So, quick review

+ Easy customizable, you can choose from zillion options what kind (bulbs, leds), power, color to go inside.
+ The design nicely integrates with the lines of Burgie, actually one might think it's a genuine accessory. :D
+ Pretty straightforward installation
+ Metal casing, just need a bit care but matches standard mirrors and muffler shield.
+ Price, whole package though assembled from pieces costs less than $100 total.

- Poor water and dirt protection. Needs a bit of work.
- Slightly heavy with LED, thou i didn't weigh aftermarket so that may be the same issue.

I think she likes it :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts