Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the backrest on the driver's seat be removed and if so
what seat problems might be forth- coming - Holes in the seat, Etc.

·
Super Moderator
18,092 Posts
Yes it can.
If you go to search and type in -butt stop- and set the button below it to search for ALL Terms, you will get 57 threads on what others have done, as well as options availabe to you.

Happy hunting and Welcome

·
Registered
925 Posts
Welcome to Burgman USA. Thanks for joining us :D

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Bump. Glad to have you join us.

There are 2 small recessed screws that are only visable when the buttstop is all they way back. Remove the 2 small screws and then move the buttstop forward and it'll come completely out the front of the seat.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Welcome Bump.
The set screws holding it can be a booger to remove. I managed to remove mine with a small pair of vise grips after I rounded out the head. You'll be left with two holes and quite a bit more space to stretch out with.
Pete

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The holes that are left have huge plastic or rubber grommets around them. A bit ugly, but there is no danger of the seat fabric around the holes being damaged. I bought 7/8" black plastic hole plugs at the hardware store to plug them with temporarily. The seat surface where those holes are is quite hard, which bothered some folks, but really did not bother me. If the seat feels right as far as leg room with the backrest removed, you can have it recovered, and a pit of padding but over that hard plate. A local auto upholsterer did a nice job on mine for $200, which is less than half the cost of the Corbin seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts