Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have read all posts re belt fitting and they say to install with arrow in right direction . I went to install a gates belt and found it had no arrows on it. Is their some other way of determining the correct direction to install the belt. Thanks:confused:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Hi I have read all posts re belt fitting and they say to install with arrow in right direction . I went to install a gates belt and found it had no arrows on it. Is their some other way of determining the correct direction to install the belt. Thanks:confused:
Well it's one of those belts that go in Both ways Unlike the Name brands there are arrows, Try looking at the Bottom Grooves and see if the curves are directional, if not then you have the kind of belt that works both ways..

Elliott,

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Agree if no arrow & teeth are the same it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellow burgman owners I was thinking along these lines and thank you for your confirmation now i will get back to work putting it all together will post pics when all is finished as panels have been repaired /repainted and am fitting Dr Pully sliders and clutch plus led lights and driving lights plus heated hand grips and a few other things will be adjusted modified..

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I could not see any difference so put it on so I could read Gates on the top run the right way round, would think if you ever take it of it would be better to replace the way it had been running.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I could not see any difference so put it on so I could read Gates on the top run the right way round, would think if you ever take it of it would be better to replace the way it had been running.

I would, the various layers of the belt will "take a set" after being operated for a bit. It is a common recommendation from belt makers to always put a belt (cogged, V, poly-V or otherwise) back on running in the same direction as when removed...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about a write-up and pictures on how you did the running lights, and the handle bar heaters?
OK but it will be a couple of weeks before its finished so will take photos etc for you all to see.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Drive belt direction.

Muse, I've never had to change a belt yet, but did remove the cover on my middle size bike to check it's condition. I did not see any arrows, (was not looking so perhaps overlooked) but did notice the writing and belt number was readable. So I would probably just replace the same. Also, nearly all the ATVs use CVT belts and don't last too long if they get sumerged under water. Those guys or the dealers that service them will know for sure. They get more practice than we ever will.
Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts