Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 miles! and a deep 2" scratch on the left front, probably too deep to rub out. Does anyone know if Suzuki has a small spray can and clear coat can I could buy for such repairs? Or, any other ideas? It's the silver color. Geo

·
Registered
689 Posts
One idea is to come up with some graphic design to cover it like what I did on my finder, see my photo on left or just take it off and have it re painted.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Find a Suzuki car dealer

I went to my local Suzuki automobile dealer and bought a small bottle of the silver paint for the Suzuki Grand Vitara. It's a very close match. The secret to a good cosmetic touch-up is preparation. Take the time to clean the area well to remove any wax or loose particles. Smoth any rough edges Use multiple thin coats applied with a suitable sized brush. You probably won't need to clearcoat the area.

IMHO, you don't want to use a spray can for this type of repair.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
689 Posts
No mater how good of a touch up job you do even with the exact color to match the paint you will always see it. I would try to have it buffed out and if this does not work then it is how picky you are on the looks of your bike that will determine your next action. As for me especially like I now want to display my bike at motorcycle show it has to be perfect for me, for those who have asked about the custom Grand Prix I had you can see it on this web site http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/detail.asp?intOwnerID=21

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
GEOBOISE said:
Does anyone know if Suzuki has a small spray can and clear coat can I could buy for such repairs?
Color-rite sells paint that is the same color code and lists both Burgman 400 and 650s by year model and color code on their website. You can buy touch up pens, spray cans, or even quarts of paint. They are a bit expensive tho.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
If it really bothers you a lot -get a touch paint (like Bill said, Color Rite).
And turn it over to a body shop if you don't think you can do it yourself.
If not go with Roger's idea of a graphic design of some type.
Last idea, If your like me, wait a year and you won't care anymore :(

·
Registered
761 Posts
or... if you are even cheaper like some of us..

scratch the other side and call it a design !

heheheee. jk.

The other method is to purchase the color-rite pen ($16) and attempt to fix it, taking plenty of time following their directions. And if that fails, follow Burg650's idea and cover it with some form of artwork.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
captainfish wrote

A word of caution here if you try this method, while it does work, the new scratch will have to be exact or you will have to modify the old scratch to match the new one and this could lead to problems. :(.. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Randy said:
captainfish wrote

A word of caution here if you try this method, while it does work, the new scratch will have to be exact or you will have to modify the old scratch to match the new one and this could lead to problems. :(.. :lol: :lol:
I think that's called "escalation of committment." Could get you into BIG trouble in the political arena and boxing ring.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would recommend you contact a local car dealer and ask for a contact for a vendor that repairs scratches on their used vehicles. They have a special computerized process that matches the color better than any bottle would do, and can cover it with clearcoat to make if virtually disappear. I use them daily on my inventory. It should cost you maybe $45 to $60 and they could probably do it in less than an hour. Some of the national vendors are Touch of Color or Dye Team.

The decals that you would put on would show the indentation from the scratch and may even be more noticable than the scratch.

Dave

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
GEOBOISE wrote
10 miles! and a deep 2" scratch on the left front, probably too deep to rub out
Left front ? which panel ? There is a bike being parted out on e-bay.
Also check the price of a new one before you do anything,
not likely it will be cheaper to replace it but you never know.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
GEOBOISE, you're gonna hafta change your screen name to Rip VanWinkle -- there seems to have been a little gap there between Randy's Mar. 21 post and your May. 06 post.... :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts