Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone else find themselves dragging bottom everytime they drive over any bump or entry into a parking lot or at a slight corner and a bump? Is there a way to prevent this? Help! It's kind of scary when turning.

·
Administrator
20,701 Posts
No, never have hit bottom. I am on my 3rd Burgman with over 100,000 miles.

What setting is your rear shocks set on?

Now the tough question, how much do you weigh?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
No, never have hit bottom. I am on my 3rd Burgman with over 100,000 miles.

What setting is your rear shocks set on?

Now the tough question, how much do you weigh?
I have never dragged bottom except when I crossed a bridge that was in a dip in the road at way too high a speed. Bottomed out pretty hard then. And this was riding two up. I do keep my shocks set at the highest setting as I weight 250 pounds and my wife is at about 210. I have never hit bottom when riding one up under any circumstances except going over a speed bump once. Slowed down for them after the first and only time.

Really, you need to check to make sure you aren't set to the softest setting on your shocks. My Burgman was at the softest setting when I bought it, changed that before leaving the lot.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentuky

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I weigh 225 pounds. Tire pressure is at 36 psi. I've not adjusted the rear shock. It's hitting in the front. I'm horribly perplexed.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I weigh 225 pounds. Tire pressure is at 36 psi. I've not adjusted the rear shock. It's hitting in the front. I'm horribly perplexed.
You have not adjusted the rear shock? What is it set on presently? It may be set on 1 and this could be your problem...

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I looked at my spring and it is not adjustable like I was thinking, then I saw this round button above the rear tire on the left, turned it and I feel no difference. I turned to make it hard, I assumed this is how you adjust the rear shock/spring?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts