Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been discussed before but I could not find it by searching for it. Does anyone have an idea if the Sliders ever need to be replaced? I have had mine on for about 8,000 miles and am wondering if they ever wear out?? Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Like anything else mechanical they will wear out, and they are the parts that are supposed to wear out--rather than the ramp plate and variator movable pilley face. That said however here is a photo of mine, from my K3 400, after 1 year and 12k miles:

Barely worn at all, after some radical modification of the ramp plate (which is not needed on your '07).

'Twas me though at 8k miles I'd pull the variator and have a look; the drive belt should be inspected every 7500 miles, and if it has not been done in 8k miles the final drive oil should be changed as well...

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I am going to take them out and look at them. See if they compare to yours.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
The sliders will need to be replaced at some point. You're probably very early for that.

The indicator for me would be in watching my rpms for a known stretch of road. If they were 5800 at 70 mph (indicated) when new and now are at 6200 for the same conditions, that would tell me they were worn and needed replacing. (It could also be a worn belt, but when you opened the CVT up to check, you'd see how worn your belt was too.)

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
My set has been in for 28,000 miles. There's more wear than the picture above but I'm still averaging right around 65 mpg so I'll keep them around. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts