Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am apx 190 lbs and most of my riding is 45 to 55 MPH

Weekends I ride with my bride (of 27 years) it is still mostly 55 MPH riding.

I rarely go on the freeways, mostly back roads.

Any suggestions on what DPS (weight) to use?

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
If I were you I'd stay with the stock roller weights. In my opinion, that riding profile is what the burgman 400 was designed for.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah, besides lower highway RPM's and less roller rattle noise I haven't really seen any benefits to mine now that I've had them a while. I have the 21g and I think that's probably some of my issue, maybe going back to 18g is the answer, but I think I am going to go back to the stock rollers myself.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Mates!

I think I will go with the if it ain't broke axiom here!

pyfis: I see you have the AF266 -
I am going to a Local Suzuki dealer tomorrow AM - there is a guy that goes there every Saturday (along with a Rider of a BMW Scooter) - he has the AF266 on it.

The Mrs. wants to see if before we decide on the AF266 or the 266DT

I have had my Burgman for 3 months - 3300 miles. no long trips just 50 to 140 miles in a day
Work is 64 miles every day I can ride and we ride any weekend we can!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2008 Burgman 400. I'm pushing 200lbs. Recently I purchased the 18 gram dr. pulley slider weights and my bike has get up and go from and dead stop that it's never had before. My gas mileage the last time i checked was 63 mpg. I do mostly in town riding with some highway speeds up to 75 mph.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
You can keep the stock rollers, if they aren't flat spotted.
I have 19 g DP, when riding 2-up (total about 300 lb.) I believe that it would be happier with more revs. So the 19g appear to be too heavy there. But 1-up they seem good. Maybe a gram or 2 heavier if I did it over.
Although the stock rollers are about 19g each, they operate differently than the sliders. I think the biggest change is the get up and go from a dead stop. And I think high "gear" is higher yet with the sliders.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Stock rollers were made 19 g (if i'm correct), so if you go different weight you have to know exactly what your doing.
DPS adds additional gears, so you start from a 1st or a reduced one, instead of 2nd with rollers, and end up in 6th vs 5th with stock.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I went against the grain of most and installed 16g DPS.....night and day difference for acceleration and even reduced rpm's at hiway speeds. Even the manager at my dealer gave me the thumbs up after a test ride. I've used mine mostly in town, this year anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts