Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are dr.pulley rollers better than oem or not?If so,what size should i get?The bike is a 2006 burg 400 with 41,000 miles.I put 5000 miles on the bike and i am pretty sure the rollers and belt have never been replaced.So far so good.My forks have missing seal and leaking a bit.Is it a big job to fix them or should i replace them with used from ebay?I could probably just buy seals.This bike has been very good to me.Just put new tires and brakes on.Is it worth it or should i just ride it till the wheels fall off or breaks down?Looks like a 600 to 800 dollar repair.I would appreciate some advice from the knowledgeable people here!Not so much from the dummies!I know,i know i set myself up with that last sentence!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If the belt is original it is a miracle belt.

Do you mean Dr. Pulley sliders or the round rollers? DP rollers of 19 gm would be same as OEM, I think they're a bit less expensive. I use DP sliders (I think 18 gm), will give you better launch and reduce highway rpm by a decent amount...I've never seen more than around 8200 or so at top speed.

Before you spend a bunch of money on replacing fork seals, check out Seal Mate.

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
When you run out of / low on oil, your bearings will suffer the damage, it's just gonna start damaging harder to fix and more expensive parts, your belt will probably fail soon, hopefully not while you are merging between 2 semi's and wearing flip flops , t shirt and bermuda shorts, don't worry about clean skivvies, they won't be clean when medics cut them off you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I believe he is talking about fork seals leaking oil !
When you run out of / low on oil, your bearings will suffer the damage, it's just gonna start damaging harder to fix and more expensive parts, your belt will probably fail soon, hopefully not while you are merging between 2 semi's and wearing flip flops , t shirt and bermuda shorts, don't worry about clean skivvies, they won't be clean when medics cut them off you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts