Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide if it is a good idea to try the HIT clutch for my 07 400. I am not really concerned with the cost since I need to replace the stock clutch anyway and I am willing to pay a few hundred more if it allows the system to lock up faster. With that being said I have read mixed opinions about it and I am wondering if anyone else has more additional info or maybe someone got one and has not posted about it?

I am speaking of this:

http://www.buggypartsnw.com/home?pa...gory_id=39&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=459

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Tons of info on HiT clutch, just enough to do a simple search. Unfortuantely all the info is scattered but this is the problem of every forum.
HiT Clutch

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bolzen said:
Tons of info on HiT clutch, just enough to do a simple search. Unfortuantely all the info is scattered but this is the problem of every forum.
HiT Clutch
Sorry I should have clarified more when I said "With that being said I have read mixed opinions about it" I was referring to what I have read on here along with other places, but mostly here. This forum is where I learned about it. It seems like the only viable option other than going back to stock, 3 or 5 shoe, which is another mixed bag of results. People seem to have major issues with the HIT clutch or none at all and love it. I just want to see if I can solve to issue (which you alluded to) that there is not a good current thread containing several people who have used them with in depth info.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would suggest going to 19 gram Dr pulley sliders and just get a replacement STOCK clutch....youll be amazed at what the sliders will do, all by themselves.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nitrogary said:
I would suggest going to 19 gram Dr pulley sliders and just get a replacement STOCK clutch....youll be amazed at what the sliders will do, all by themselves.
I have the 19 gram sliders ready to put in I am just trying to decide what to do with the clutch. If I go back stock I will most likely go with the 5 shoe.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pulled the cover today and clutch looks to be wearing decently. There is some blueness towards the inside of the bell but the outside is fine. this is a 3 shoe original with 17k on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had an issue with my '08 shuddering around 3,000rpm (was really bad with a passenger). After alot of research I installed one along with some 18g sliders (I am about 210 lbs ready to ride). After the install the shudder was gone and I have a much better performing bike.
No regrets at all for me. I'd say go for it!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Color is normal & your clutch sure looks good to me. When I replaced mine I had 36k miles and did go with a 08 5-shoe ones as it works fine on a 07. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just finished installing the Hit clutch and 18g DPS on my 09 Burgman. What I could tell right off was the low rpm shutter is now gone, nearly instant acceleration, pulls hard with no more flat spots. Major difference!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the 19 gram sliders and changed to a 5 shoe clutch. I love it that. 12000 miles on it so far. Very little wear.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm looking forward to fitting the Dr pulley clutch and sliders to my Burgman as they turned my Majesty into a very smooth performer. The clutch is also readily altered with different weight springs to turn it even further if your riding style requires it. ie racing or trying to do wheelies LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts