Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this year I had the itch to get a naked bike and bought a 2005 Honda 919. If any of you are familiar with it, it's a 919cc inline four at 100hp weighing 430 pounds. It's an extremely powerful and nimble bike and is rated at 10.9 sec. in the quarter mile at 125mph. This has been a really fun bike to ride but I'm riding it hard and fast like a true hooligan.

Yesterday I rode with a friend who recently bought a 2011 Executive with 6k miles. It's in immaculate condition. I offered to let Tom ride my 919 and now he wants one. A light bulb came on and I pitched the idea that we trade bikes. Actually I would trade 2 bikes, a 2007 Executive with 97k and a 2005 919 with 37k. We talked about it tonight and will probably trade in a few days. Perhaps this is a good decision for me and may extend my life a few more years too.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I owned a 05 Concours for three years. There is nothing like a 4 carb (or FI) 4 cylinder Japanese bike. I imagine that the 919 was a blast and a whole 'nother level. But the 650 is no slouch either :) I'll let you pass me, on my 400 :D if you run up behind me.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Oh, yeah -- i remember this bike. Too venturous for my taste.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The Burgman is not a rocket, but it does everything else really well. If it suits your (new) riding style, you will like it very much.

Ride Safe
Scott Fraser

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
That 07 Executive shows a really good mileage for the original CVT.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I owned a 05 Concours for three years. There is nothing like a 4 carb (or FI) 4 cylinder Japanese bike. I imagine that the 919 was a blast and a whole 'nother level. But the 650 is no slouch either :) I'll let you pass me, on my 400 :D if you run up behind me.

Indeed the inline 4 are and where great bikes :cool:.

A real shame they got so wrapped up in V - twins .

I say bring back all the inline 4,s CB,s KZ,s GS,s XS,s all of um lol.

Honda has come back out with the retro CB1000 :cool:

It reminds me of my 1983 CB1000 dual range 4.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I love the power, sound and feel of my '03 Yamaha FZ1000 (inline four), but actually put more miles on my 650 Burgman last year. It's nice to have the choice, and really, you can have a nice used sample of each for under $8,000 or so total. Which is a fraction of what my Harley friends have spent on a new bike.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I love the power, sound and feel of my '03 Yamaha FZ1000 (inline four), but actually put more miles on my 650 Burgman last year. It's nice to have the choice, and really, you can have a nice used sample of each for under $8,000 or so total. Which is a fraction of what my Harley friends have spent on a new bike.

And you can blow by them with ease on either :D:D:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
False flag guys. The deal is off. Keeping my bikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts