Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would not want to insult 400 owners by suggesting that it is downgrading to switch from a 650 to a 400. Perhaps there is a better word. But I find that at age 84 and with arthritis the weight and seat height difference may allow me to ride for some time into the future. I feel that I still have the health otherwise with good eyesight and reactions. At any rate I have placed my 2007 Exec for sale in the Austin TX Craigslist classifieds, and am now looking for a good deal on a 400, hopefully near the same price as I am asking.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Your not downgrading, your swapping to something that suites your needs better.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Economizing

·
Registered
316 Posts
UPGRADING! Ha!

·
I'm Retired
9,371 Posts
+1

Chris

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
When I was buying a scooter last fall, I had found very comparable scooters of both sizes at an equally good price. I weighted the advantages of each and decided the 400 was the best choice for me. I bought it because it is much easier to handle due to the lighter weight, lower seat and ease of pushing. I also considered the much better fuel mileage and the easier servicing and dependability of the CVT. I am convinced I made the better choice for me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Riding at 84? I am hoping to be still breathing at 84... :shock:
In any case, you are just recalibrating :)
Marco

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Downsizing or Resizing, it's good that you are making a choice for safety and of your own free will. I had a 400 before and I enjoyed it. The 650 does many things better, but the 400 is smaller and more nimble. I enjoyed mine a great deal.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bakeisback said:
Downsizing or Resizing, it's good that you are making a choice for safety and of your own free will. I had a 400 before and I enjoyed it. The 650 does many things better, but the 400 is smaller and more nimble. I enjoyed mine a great deal.
Downsizing is exactly the word I was looking for.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Chérie hope still riding at 84.

Me not think you downsizing, you just intensifying your experience with different machine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts