Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of jockeying my car & Burgman into/out-of the garage. (The Burgman fits in a nice "hole" behind the car.) So, I'm thinking about getting a cover for the Burgman and only bringing it into the garage when severe weather is expected or I plan on leaving it inside for a few days.

I've started researching covers and the Dowco EZ-zip looks interesting. Anybody have any experience with it? I'm guessing that size XL would be correct for a 650 -- do you agree?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
No experience with the Dowco EZ-zip, but I did have cover and it was an XL.
How about adding a back (Burgman) door to your garage :D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Mine is stored outside all the time with a cover. However If I had a garage to keep it in I would. Seems to me anyways that a little inconvenience is worth the peace of mind knowing that my ride will be there in the morning when I want it. You definetely put yourself more at risk leaving it outside. If you can leave it outside and out of plain view then that would be better.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
My old scooter had to park outside for some of it's life, and I regret it. The paint faded, and all the other parts "weathered" more than they should have for the little miles I put on it. My burgman stays in the garage where there is space between the two cars. No jockeying needed. Keep yours in the garage if you can. Even with a cover you are going to wear it our faster outside than in.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I use the Dowco cover you describe and I think its a size XL. It has protection for the windscreen by using a fabric for that portion that won't scratch. It also has protection for the pipes so that the cover can be put on even with pipes that haven't cooled down yet. I've used mine for nearly a year and its still going strong. Works really well! Don't get anything cheaper (I started out with a cheapo Nelson Rigg and it scratched the finish).

If I could use the garage I would, but the garage is occupied by dogs - the garage IS their doghouse where they can go in/out of the garage to/from the yard at will.... they have it made!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have the dowco XL .. and i like it. Though, it is not fully waterproof. But it is good enough to keep the majority of rain, sun and debris off of the bike. Mine fits completely and I have the Large VIP trunk.

I also purchased the Dowco EZ.. it did not like having to go over the VIP case. have not tried it yet without the luggage box.

The XL is just too large for travel purposes though.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Correction to last post - its the Dowco Guardian. The EZ zip doesn't have the features I described. Its completely waterproof - I've had the bike covered in major downpours and no leakage.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts