Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Tropical Storm Karen has weakened and slowed and the day started beautiful and cloudless. I went out for my usual Sunday ride with my destination being the lake. Everything was truly glorious until I got on the road. I literally went 8 blocks and turned to go home and park the bike. When I entered the town square an elderly lady turned out in front of me going the wrong way on a one way street. I am boxed in by cars and this lady is heading right at me. I hit the horn and swerved the bike to get her attention and thankfully she stopped and I was able to squeeze around her leaving her face to face with the police officer that was following me. :cool:
One block later a pickup truck loaded with folding chairs turned and dumped folding chairs in front of me and I'm still boxed in. Yikes! I was able to avoid the chairs by going up a driveway and on the sidewalk and got on a side street. Immediately a squirrel Koma-Kazied my scoot running head first into my lower body panel and scampered away. At this point I went straight home and parked the scooter.
No sense tempting fate a forth time for me! Karma has Spoken and I'm listening.......Darn nice day out there too. :(

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Wow! Glad you are safe and sound It's pouring rain here...still, so I'm pouting.

Enjoy your day. Thank Grandfather he was watching over you.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I stayed off the bike and survived to ride another day!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I feel your pain! After several days of riding and not wanting to stop, storms, winds, reports of Tornados, wet leaves everywhere...not a day to ride! I have gotten some cold weather gear for the Winter as I can't stand the thought of waiting for Spring to ride! I truly never enjoyed a motorcycle, or ANY vehicle for that matter like I'm enjoying my motor scooters! So glad that I found them, especially now that I'm old and retired! Oh yeah!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Sounds like you made an excellent decision, read the hand writing on the wall, so to speak. I'm glad you survived the escape from town square back to the house!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Add that to the list of what makes a serious rider.......... One who knows when not to ride. ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Some days were meant for being lazy and not riding. It was your day. I'm glad you made the right choice. Ride safe.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who listens to that "inner voice" that tells me to drive the Honda instead of the Burgie. The last time I stayed on four wheels we ended up having unexpected winds gusting in the low 40 mph range and that's enough to make a nice cruise in the country a bit scary.

I'm not superstitious but I do listen to the voices in my head :snorting:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts