Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I just learned how to ride a motorcycle, I have to say it's awesome. I would also like to know how a scooters mechanics works. I saw the Burgman and is now intrested. can someone help me out and explain how you start it off?

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you mean how do you make it go, just turn the throttle. Depending on how much gas you give it you will either go faster or slower.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mechanics?

I know you have to pull the throttle to make it go, what I mean is how is the bike parts displayed? is the clutch on the left handle bar on like a motorcycle? front brakes? rear brakes?
I'm a complete newbie to the 2 wheel world!!!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
No clutch. The Burgmans are scooters. Just twist the throttle and go. When the engine reaches a certain RPM, the transmission will engage. Both levers on the handlebars are brakes. On the 400, the brakes are linked. The left lever is a combination of front and rear and the right lever is for front only. The 650 does not have linked brakes. The right lever is for the front brake and the left lever is rear brake only. One of the many great things about the scooter design is the floorboards. Since you do not use your feet for contols the floorboards allow you to put your feet in different positions. Being able to move them around makes longer rides much more comfortable. The Burgmans also have a lot more storage than most motorcycles.

If you can, you need to get to a dealer and see and test ride a Burgman. It's a whole different experience than riding a regular bike.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: mechanics?

Noisemaker21 said:
I know you have to pull the throttle to make it go, what I mean is how is the bike parts displayed? is the clutch on the left handle bar on like a motorcycle? front brakes? rear brakes?
I'm a complete newbie to the 2 wheel world!!!
Some scooters do have clutches, and some scooters have the rear brake controlled by the right foot.

But the Burgmans are "twist and go" scooters with fully automatic transmissions, all controls on the handlebars, etc.

If you are used to regular motorcycles it can take a while to get used to "The Burgman Way," but once you've tried it you may never want to go back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts