Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting the Burgman away. It's cold, rainy, and ugly here in West Michigan, and not soon to get better.

I'll see you next Spring my reliable, fun to ride friend.......:love7::love7:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Big changes in So. Cal too. We're a few weeks away from our annual changeover from mesh to textile jackets. :joker:

Honestly though, I feel for you guys.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I bought my first Burgman last October. I figured I would not tag it until spring. However, about the middle of November, the weather got pretty good for riding. I put tags on it, used it when the weather was decent and rode it almost 2,000 miles by spring. I am glad I changed my mind.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Reading about all of you having to put your bikes up for the winter makes me sad. Here in southern Kentucky I can ride most of the winter. I do have to wear my heated vest for the cold days along with my leather riding coat and chaps (yes, pirate wear but it is what I have worn for almost 40 years). But really, we only have a few weeks here that the roads are slick so other than that, I can ride if my arthritis isn't kicking me in the butt too hard.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My sympathy guys... Honestly. Must be a bummer.

I don't know what I'd do without my daily riding fix. Even if its just to work and home. It gets a little chilly in LA in January, but ya bundle up and brave it. Not too bad.

I've never lived anyplace else, so I really can't imagine what y'all go through. But know there's an empathetic soul out there.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I can not imagine not being able to ride all year round here on the gold coast Australia its no problem to ride all year round, in fact winter is our best season it dose not rain and the temps are mild. My commiserations to the ones that cant ride all year round

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just about there with you Dodgy. I am also in mid west Michigan and the forecast for the next 10 days looks pretty bad. I made it until early November last year, but not looking good right now. Time to start hoping for a early spring.
Rick.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I've managed to get in at least one ride a month for the six years. May not have been far but I was on the road.

·
Premium Member
12,592 Posts
park it in front of the tv, make sure the back wheel stays off the carpet and ride all winter, the wife will soon get used to the noise and smell, if not , bathe once in a while, and maybe she will even bring you a sammich every so often

·
Registered
515 Posts
When I lived in MI. ( a long time ago) I would kick my self on those sudden decent riding days that came up two or three times during the winter for putting my bikes away.
This was before we had electric riding gear , and after a couple of years I always kept at least one bike ride ready for those rare sunny days.;)

Lived in FL for a long time and got spoiled riding anytime I wanted, but could not stand the heat and humidity for such long periods of time, so we moved to NC. We can ride pretty much all year here aside from the rare snow/black ice events.

We need to go to MI. on occasion still for family stuff, and we talk about moving back but doubt we ever will. Last winter we had to go for a family emergency and swore we would never go in winter again, at least willingly :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Big changes in So. Cal too. We're a few weeks away from our annual changeover from mesh to textile jackets. :joker:

Honestly though, I feel for you guys.
I don't have a textile jacket but did put my liner in my mesh jacket a week ago. Has been in the 50's in the mornings but hi 80's riding home from work.:cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I take videos of rides during the year with my GoPro HD video camera. I watch them in the middle of the winter when it's too cold and miserable to ride. They bring back some great memories and get me jazzed for the next riding season. I can't think of a better reason for owning a scooter-cam!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'd never take mine out after the 1st snow because then there's salt on the road, so no sense of waiting for that 1 surprise day when it warms back up, dry roads or not, there is still salt on them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yep. Put on the textiles a few weeks ago. Grip warmers on in the mornings.
In a few weeks, the insulation will be installed in all gear.
Sometime in December, insulation comes out and the heated stuff goes in.
Run the cage on slick days and on 'wus-out' days.

I am thinking of doing a quick run up to Kansas City to see Gravity in an Imax Theater.
May have to run the heated stuff for the rid if the temps keeps dropping like they are.

Kim

·
Registered
661 Posts
I thought about putting my liner in my mesh jacket one day last week. It was a bit chilly riding into work, but beautiful on the way home.
One day this winter I'll actually have to put a liner in my textile jacket - that's when you know it's REALLY cold here. Occassionally, I even have to wear a sweat jacket underneath it just to stay warm :D
I had a Suzuki 250 when I was in Minnesota for a while in the 80's. The poor thing barely got ridden, but when it did, I wore that darn thing out (not really, but ...).
I'm just glad it's gotten cool enough to actually enjoy riding again.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts