Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve only been on this sight for a few days, but already know what a hot button oil discussions are. I’ll bypass that topic, but have a serious question about the Wix 51359 oil filter. Wix has been my filters of choice for years, in automotive and drag racing applications. So, please don’t break my heart. I see that the 2017 650’s uses this filter, but the Wix catalog doesn’t show anything for the ‘18’s, and O’reilly’s website says it won’t work on the’18’s. I’ve been searching this sight for hours, to no avail. My apologies if I missed the thread(s), but I have oil and that exact filter sitting in my garage ready to go. Thanks in advance!!

·
Administrator
18,700 Posts
Mike, the Wix 51359 and Napa 1359 are the same filter. The reason you do not see it listed for the 2018 is lazyness on who ever is doing the catalogs.

There is no differences (Oil Filter wise) from a 2002 thru 2018 so YES that filter will work well.
It has a flat gasket so do the tighten down till contact and then 1/4 turn should do it. I hand tighten mine without a wrench/socket/strap and have not had a leak yet.

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured they were one-in-the-same, but without proper literature, it was a judgment call on my part. Really glad to have this forum for support and information. Thanks, @Dave_J

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just finished my first service (oil, trans, final drive). Man that sucked. Went over a few things while I had panels off, but not looking forward to doing that again! 400 miles on it now, will change fluids again at 1000 miles. I’m very particular. Took me 7 hours (did have kids and grandson over today). Bonus - I didn’t break any tabs off. Took. My. Time. Feel kinda good about it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mike see my thread called "easy transmission oil change". You do not have to remove any plastic for any oil change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts