Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing the oils on my burg. The engine oil was changed ok, but when I took out the transmission drain plug nothing came out! I had recently done a tour of the German Black Forest and I had terrible mechanical visions that would have done justice to the imagination of Jules Verne. Yes, I know what you are going to say, and yes, it was the wrong plug that I removed. Both are 8mm, Allen, and domed and if I hear anyone scoffing in derision I will send Joe Peski over with a baseball bat. Be warned! :confused:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Scoff scoff...

Shut up - he'll hear you!

Glad it turned out to be something so minor. I generally get that sinking feeling when I push the starter with either the kickstand down or the kill switch set to Off.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Glad it turned out to be something so minor. I generally get that sinking feeling when I push the starter with either the kickstand down or the kill switch set to Off.
Heartbeat goes from 0-60 in about 2 seconds every time.... If there were a panic button, I would be pushing it...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I once mistaked the swing arm bolt for the oil drain bolt. I kept turning and turning, after a couple minutes I thought, "wow, this is taking a long time for an oil bolt". I quickly summised that my bike was about to fall into two pieces and reversed my "progress".

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Heartbeat goes from 0-60 in about 2 seconds every time.... If there were a panic button, I would be pushing it...
Cary, I do hope your heartbeat is not going from 0 to 60. A 0 heart rate would be rather dangerous. More like 60 to 120 in 2 seconds would be more like it in that situation. <grin>

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I am changing the oils on my burg. The engine oil was changed ok, but when I took out the transmission drain plug nothing came out! I had recently done a tour of the German Black Forest and I had terrible mechanical visions that would have done justice to the imagination of Jules Verne. Yes, I know what you are going to say, and yes, it was the wrong plug that I removed. Both are 8mm, Allen, and domed and if I hear anyone scoffing in derision I will send Joe Peski over with a baseball bat. Be warned! :confused:
Pray tell why you did not bother to follow Le Dudes guides?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I did follow Le Dude, but lost my memory of it somewhere between my PC screen and my garage! :(

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Careful Norman - it sounds like you're coming perilously close to making sense! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Changed oil and final drive last week. Serviced transmission today. Going to be in the seventies this weekend and I can't wait to hit the road. North Georgia's winding roads are calling my name! So has anyone ever used synthetic oil in a Burgy transmission?? I didn't but it did cross my mind.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes I run Mobil1 10W-40 synthetic in my 650's "transmission." No problem. BTW what Suzuki calls the "transmission" is a just set of reduction gears following the clutch (just before the final drive). The clutch follows the "real transmission" which is the CVT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts