Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new and just noticed that the seat does not seem to close properly. When closed the seat seems to have about a 1/2 inch on space between the seat and the middle rubber stopper on the side where the strut is. You can even see it off the back stopper when you stand behind the bike when the seat is closed. It is only on the strut side. I cannot see that there is any room for adjustments other than maybe the latch but that changes nothing. It will go down when I sit on it but it just looks off when empty. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a fix or will it settle down in time?
This is my first shot at this forum and look forward to many more.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I've never noticed that problem on my 650. Check to see that your tool kit is packed and stored properly and isnt interfering with the proper closure of the seat. If you have an extra helmet under there check to see if thats interfering as well.

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
I do have to check my helmets or the same thing will happen here too.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
That "gap" by the strut is normal for the 650 I think. Mine has it, and I've seen others report it also (if not in this forum, over in the Yahoo group).

I don't think it is a big deal, it hasn't gotten any worse. Those that think they don't have it should look again. The seat does not conform to the body as tightly in the vicinity of the strut as it does everywhere else.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I too notice the same gap and I believe it is normal, (tried another seat and still same gap) maybe it is that way to release heat as I have also notice that under the seat does get warm after a ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems to be the norm

Thanks guys for your input. I also checked another one at the dealership and it to had the "gap". I'm not quite sold on the venting angle as there is no gap when your sitting on it. If there is a reason for it I sure would be interested.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I owe you an apology..sorry . My bike also has said gap. I never noticed it untill you brought it up.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Me too. Got the Gap. (sounds like a commercial).

Seems to lessen when you sit on the seat. So claims my observer friend.

What I want to know is this: Does the seat seal when you're riding? Will it keep out rain in a storm when you're riding?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I've ridden in many wet weather conditions solo and all the contents in the trunk have remained dry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Suzuki input

Allwalk, if you happen to see your friends at Suzuki Canada could you ask them if this is a engineering design (and why) or a engineering oops.
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts