Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, Just had some service work done on my 2006 Burgman 400.

A little early for the 14,500 stuff but it is January and I don't know when the valves were last checked. I bought with 6671 on it and have just rode it all summer. Scoot is performing fine.

**Wanted to compare the price to what others are paying at the Dealer.

Check valves - $198 - labor (in spec at 12,800K)

Change coolant - $65 labor (It was 7 yrs. old and perhaps came in bike as I'm the 2nd owner)

Check/clean CVT, belt, rollers, change final drive oil - $165 labor
(belt good - mechanic wanted to replace rollers, I declined b/c I'd already shot my budget) Oh, and a new sparkplug.

With the antifreeze, final drive oil, 6 or 8 push pins that I was missing, shop charge:(, total was $483.

I was experiencing some "sticker shock" at first but after thinking about it I think it's really not that far off???

Shop hourly is $65. So about 3 hours to check the valves ..... an hour to do the coolant.....and 2 hours to do the CVT stuff. Considering all the Tupperware removing you gotta do I guess it's not totally ridiculous.

He did rip me a new on the cost of coolant - $ 15.98 jeezz

Also I think the 2 hrs on the CVT stuff was a bit much. With all the plastics already off that should have been a 1 hrs job max???

Good little local dealer. Literally a mom and pop operation. Mechanic has been with them about 10 yrs. So I wanna use them when I need them in the future. BUT, next time she goes in to check valves the scoot will be Nekid. And I'll do my own CVT stuff... will replace rollers and belt within the next few thousand anyway. Already do my own oil, tires etc,

What do ya'll think?

Thanks - Sirkitrider

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
That sounds about right for dealer prices. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I agree with Scootereno - sounds about right for shop prices. Yes it's expensive, but you weren't raped. Almost all of that cost was labor, which you could have saved by doing it yourself, but you have to have to have the tools/space/inclination/aptitude to do it.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
If The Coolant is the Blue stuff ,then it's worth it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
+1 Elliot your right big difference between the old green stuff and the blue, almost twice as expensive but last twice as long, plus better protection! SAFE SCOOTIN Jay

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>Good little local dealer. Literally a mom and pop operation.<<

I wish I had one of those nearby. I'm not real crazy about any of the dealers in my area. :-(

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[Almost all of that cost was labor, which you could have saved by doing it yourself, but you have to have to have the tools/space/inclination/aptitude to do it.[/QUOTE]

tools - check
space - check
inclination - check
aptitude - check
TIME - negative

Maybe next time though I'll MAKE the time. Really would be comfortable doing everything but the valve check. Next time I'll remove the Tupperware and take it in for the valve check.

Thanks for all the replies folks.

-Sirkitrider

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Had Not had the valve check Yet? But gonna do it my self , Can't be to hard to do I Took the Valve Cover off Once, But need to go out and Buy the Thickness Tool.

As far as Tupperware removing, There's ways to do that with out Removing the Big Stuff But Shops do things by the Book, I guess to protect your Paint Job.

Elliott,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts