Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Yuasa website says that the YTX9 battery is proper fit for the 2008 AN400, but I keep seeing glimpses of threads where the owners use the YT12A battery instead....this battery is almost an inch taller as installed.

Does it actually fit?

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just replaced my battery in 04 400 with ytx12a-bs from chromebattery.com

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Just replaced my battery in 04 400 with ytx12a-bs from chromebattery.com
The clue is the 'bs' at the end of the battery model...
it indicates the smaller/shorter housing.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The clue is the 'bs' at the end of the battery model...
it indicates the smaller/shorter housing.
No, it stands for:
Bottle supplied electrolyte
It says so in http://www.yuasabatteries.com/pdfs/Yuasa_Specs_Apps_2014.pdf which is a good place to look for alternative battery types.

It's the "A" in YTX12A-BS which makes it possible. A letter in that position means non-standard housing size for the capacity, And the YTX12A has the same housing size as the standard YTX9-BS.

For 650's there's a 16 amp hours battery with the exact same dimensions as the OEM 12 amp hours battery, with more cold crank amps 240 vs 200A

·
Registered
770 Posts
Doesn't a Burg (at least a 400) need a gel battery, due to it being installed on its side?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I Fit a 19AMP with No Problem, The Only thing is that you must Ditch the LID Cover, Since 19Amp is A Much Taller Battery!!!

Elliott,

·
Registered
106 Posts
Elliott, Sounds like a good idea, can you give the battery number please, a photo would be good too.

I've not had my battery out yet, nor done many miles since I got the bike, but I worry about getting a flat battery - even more than getting a flat tyre!

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts