Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I can get reflective tape in different colors (to match the bike's day color, f.ex.), but can I also get the reflective color to be something other than white?

F. ex., can I get a daycolor black, with a reflective color red?

Also, what is the reflective tape's finish? Glossy? or matte?

Finally, does anyone know if there's any regulation of what the chosen reflective color is? F. ex., if I put tape in the front that reflects red, is there anyproblem with that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check with your local / state law enforcers. I was stopped for having blue LEDs on my bike pointing rearward ( in Michigan). The sherrif ( a bike rider) told me he understands me wanting to be more visible, but the law only allows Red/Yellow visible from the back... White/ yellow from the front, Yellow on the sides. As a substitute I used some of 3M's diamond bright reflective tape. White on the front and a little on the sides. Lots of red on the rear sides and back. And I snuck a little white and blue in a " RED WHITE and BLUE shape on the back... ( Take that you nasty law-enforcers!) smile. ACTUALLY I see the reason you do not want to confuse other cars with the wrong colors on the wrong sides of the bike. Cars may not know if you are coming or going. These colors do indicate orientation and direction. I DID buy some very bright small LEDS and put two yellow turn signal extensions pointing front and back, Two white ( constant on) pointing front, and two red ( constant on) pointing back. It really makes me stand out in the day and night ( especially night) and Im within the legal limits.. ( Oh.. and did I tell you I have some BLUE reflective tape on the back??? ) Sorry I do think the blue does make you stand out... even if it is technically illegal!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts