Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How doe the Burgman 650 feel to you..........
Is it more of a motorcycle ride , ala touring motorcycle..
or more like a luxury big displacement scooter...
thanks all..
bernardstreet

·
Registered
207 Posts
It handles like a motorcycle -- much different than my 250 Honda Reflex. No frame flex around corners. Biggest limiting factor is ground clearance, but it's still generous enough to let you go at a reasonably irresponsible pace should you desire. 8)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The 650 will perform like a motorcycle. It handles very well. From a comfort standpoint, specifically it's ability to soak up bumps, it is compromised by having smaller diameter wheels. I've never had a bump affect my line in a curve, from that perspective the suspension and radial tires work well. But from a comfort standpoint, frost heave, railroad tracks, and the uneven cement slab roads we have where I live can be annoying. Pirelli tires seem to dampen that stuff better than the stock Bridgestones, but it still doesn't ride like a motorcycle that has an 18" or 19" front wheel. Simple physics.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Benardavenue -I definitely feel it handles like a bike. The weight and the bigger than scooter size tires definitely slows down the handling characteristics. There is nothing twitchy at speed on this machine unlike the way a scooter feels. For that matter, I have been on only a few bikes that felt as comfortable and secure with higher speeds like the 650 does. The main thing the 650 has in common with scooters is the ease and trouble free operation. You just don't have to work hard to ride this bike.

Pauljo -I like the looks of your 2-tone seat. Where did you get it done?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I find the 650 feels like it holds the road much better than the Honda Shadow 1100 Tourer that I had. It felt "light" on the front end to me, don't have that with 650 at same speeds.

·
Registered
719 Posts
It feels like a scooter to me. The seating position, lack of a gas tank to brace against, and the automatic transmission put me in a very different mindset than when I swing a leg over a motorcycle and start snicking through the gears.

But, I think that the big scooter makes a better motorcycle than a motorcycle.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Xray said:
Pauljo -I like the looks of your 2-tone seat. Where did you get it done?
Local auto upholstery shop. Lion's Automotive in Omaha. They quoted me $200 and stuck to the deal, but said that if they did another it would be $250. It was a bigger job than they had estimated. It is done in automotive grade vinyl. They would have done leather for $50 more.

·
Registered
123 Posts
After getting stuck in traffic for what seemed like hours, the guys on the motorcycles wanted to trade with me and my no clutch system. I think my 650 handles much easier than a motorcycle. My turning radius is much smaller and I think, more responsive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts