Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a matching silver luggage rack with a built in passenger backrest. Does anyone make such a thing?
-Greengoose

·
Registered
8 Posts
check out http://www.fehling.com they have a tubular luggage rack with a sissy bar back rest for the 650. If you e-mail them they will provide you with a company here in the States that bring in their products.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Greengoose said:
Im looking for a matching silver luggage rack with a built in passenger backrest. Does anyone make such a thing?
-Greengoose
Greengoose:

The only luggage rack I know of is from GIVI

·
Registered
9 Posts
givi has got the backrest that will not work with the box mounting plate. but bear in mind that the backrest supports only the lower portion of your lower back. i have the backrest fitted on my box, but then again, that's too high.

if you check out the catalogue of the 2004 burger, the back plate of the oem back rest is color co-ordinated and looks slightly less ugly.

Specific plate (1 case) E 529
Specific backrest for passenger TB 529

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hey Greg awesome sight. I wonder what the price and availability of that backrest is? My german is non existent.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Allen,

What a great picture of a chromed out Burgman. Is there a site where I can find such items. (ref: your Oct 26 posting)

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bergman chrome

Allen, I no sooner wrote to you when I glanced up and saw that Greg posted the site I asked you for. Thanks anyway.

JOe

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wanted to bump this question to the top again. Im comming home in 30 days from IRAQ. Where exactly can I order a matching silver luggage box (Givi?) with a backrest. Do any of the luggage boxes have built in brake lights? Any links to completed Burgers with this setup would also be great.
-Bryan

·
Registered
9 Posts
pic with brakelights.

i've got pix of the burger with the givi maxia e52 mounted and the brake light triggered. if there an email addy or a site i could upload it to, let me know.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Greengoose said:
Bryan, I have a Givi top box and my wife uses that as a backrest. It is sturdy and she thinks it is fine. She does wear an armored riding jacket with back protection, so we don't have the extra backrest pad for the top box, but you can get one if you have a need.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Which model case do you have?

I went to AZ motorsports and they have LOTS of cases. The biggest being the E52 (52 liters of space) with the stop light, back rest, and mounting bracket in silver is $455.00. Ouch! Im wondering if the E52 would look too big on my scoot.
-Bryan

·
Registered
857 Posts
Spec's & Costs for GIVI accessories for the 650

From Anthony at Givi USA, from an email dated 1/12/2004:

Topcase mounting kit part # E529: $86.90
Windscreen part # D257ST - $127.90 - Dimensions are 31" T x 29" W (clear screen)
Topcase part # E52B508 - $334.20
I think this topcase is the Maxia E52 case - color may be blue to match the spec's I sent him. I'm not positive though.
Inner liner part # E98 - $55.90
Inner liner/duffel bag part # E73 - $28.80
Brakelight Kit part # E97 - $49.90
Topcase rack in black or satin silver part # E96 - $65.40
Passenger backrest part # E95 - $49.70

Hope that helps anyone/everyone.
:lol:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Does anyone make a luggage rack with a backrest?

This one mainly to reply to Greengoose who asked if a Givi E52 would look too big. We have the E52 and it looks just fine.

Now that we know there is a back rest, thanks flintbobbi, will chase one of them down.

Regards

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This one mainly to reply to Greengoose who asked if a Givi E52 would look too big. We have the E52 and it looks just fine.
Do you have any pictures? If you cant post them yourself , email me and I can put them up for you.
-bryan

·
Registered
42 Posts
I really like the look of the passenger/backrest combo offerred on the http://www.fehling.com website, but alas, the USA distributor they named is no longer around. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I might go about getting this item in another way?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Backrest AND a Luggage Rack - check out...

I've found a good substitute for the either/or solutions offered by Suzuki (and other companies) for the Burgman.

It is the BMW combination FOLD-DOWN back rest and chrome luggage rack (which can also be used to mount other BMW bags, hardcases, panniers, etc.

It is from the R1200C cruiser bike. It features a good sized chrome luggage rack with an integrated flip up/down back rest. The back rest is well padded, leather covered, and the flip mechanism locks in place sturdily but is still easily folded down.

While not cheap (good things seldom are) it is an engineering marvel and can be mounted with little problems and should be as sturdy if not better than the stock Burgman backrest (which as we all know doesn't allow use of a luggage rack).

BMW also has an excellent pair of European Driving Lights (mini-projector-style) that should be easily mounted to the Burgman's front forks and/or splash guard.

To check these out, go to http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts