Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Do you want more Political and Covad posts (2 picks)

• 1. Yes I do. We should be allowed to post them in the Tavern.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • 2. Some should be allowed but be vetted to make sure they are not just Conspiracy Theory posts.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • 3. This is a Scooter/Motorcycle forum and should be mostly about them. Some off topics should be OK

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • 4. I want this forum to be more like Facebook.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. NO!

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • 1. Yes I do. We should be allowed to post them in the Tavern.

• 2. Some should be allowed but be vetted to make sure they are not just Conspiracy Theort posts.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • 3. This is a Scooter/Motorcycle Forum and should be mostly about them. Some off topics should be OK.

• 4. I want this forum to be more like Facebook.

• 5. NO!

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
What do you all want?

JRoss, that post that was locked was only locked for a short time and the Moderator posted just as it was locked. Yes Admin/Moderators can post on locked threads but if they do not see the top post we may not know its locked because we will still see the "Write your reply...." block below.

You may see a 'New' post show up briefly and then its gone. There was one earler by a new member that was spamming. Darus quoted the Spammer post with "There may be a SPAMMER behind that pretty face"...... That new member was banned and all posts removed except Darus's quote so it too was deleted to remove the SPAM link in the quoted post. This will happen.

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Registered
420 Posts
Double check the time stamp of those 2 posts, it appears to have been locked about 8:55pm and the next post was at 5:49am. It was 9 hours between the lock post to the mod post. It was still locked when I viewed both posts. I don't know when it was unlocked/released from being locked. Not that I cared to post the the thread, and frankly agreed with it being locked at that point, but the principle that once locked, no one should be posting to the thread. Just bad form in my opinion. Also found and reported what looked like some bot posts about the same time.

PS, there's some janky ad popping up on my phone's chrome browser when viewing the forums...something about congrats you made the 1 trillionth google search garbage nonsense.

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ad bots are rampant on most forums. Ad's are how the forum owners get paid on a FREE forum. You can add a Blocker to most browsers including cell phones. I use uBlock for Firefox on both.

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Again the moderator may not have seen that the post was locked. For any admin staff we do not see the "CLOSED TO POSTS' that non-admin see.

I am sorry if that's a problem. Its a thing that does not happen too often.

We got together and kicked his wife and kissed his dog.

Reactions: Rusty J and Tromper

·
Registered
149 Posts
still waiting for clarification on choices 2 and 3? Pretty much reads as the same thing except for some murky wordage difference

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
If I change the verbage to suit 1 then all the votes are null in value.

K.I.S.S*

If you feel so strong, please don't vote.

The only thing I can do is double every question so some can cast two votes for the exact same question. Like so above.

* Keep It Simple Simon.

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just so if you want to vote for the same Poll Question above I doubled the same poll questions.

You can change your vote. You can vote only 2 questions.

·
Super Moderator
2,366 Posts
I think it's pretty moot.

Judging by responses it looks like folks don't mind a lot of it, but a little is OK.
People pushing obviously unsupported conspiracy stuff really should work with that elsewhere.
Seems, stunningly I know, that folks in the scoot forum want to discuss scoots. Weird huh?

still waiting for clarification on choices 2 and 3? Pretty much reads as the same thing except for some murky wordage difference

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Dog seems to like it. Wife kicked our butts.

Reactions: JRoss

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Hey what’s going on with the ballot ....will we get paid twice ?

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Just so if you want to vote for the same Poll Question above I doubled the same poll questions.

You can change your vote. You can vote only 2 questions.
Hey what’s going on with the ballot ....will we get paid twice ?
You get 2 votes.

But the system will only let you vote once for an item.

So I just copied #1 - #5 again. Now you can vote for #1 twice. This gives you sort of 25 options.

Looks like #5 is running at 57.4%.

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Well at least we all agree on Face Book 🤡

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
420 Posts
You get 2 votes.

But the system will only let you vote once for an item.

So I just copied #1 - #5 again. Now you can vote for #1 twice. This gives you sort of 25 options.

Looks like #5 is running at 57.4%.
Choice 1-3 are are conditionally supportive of the poll question and dilutes the appearance of support. As of now with 60 total votes submitted, 33 (55%) are conditionally supportive, and 27 (45%) are against.

Poll is a bit disingenuous with 3 conditionally (yabbit) supportive choices, no, or lets build a dumpster fire.

Interesting how data can be manipulated to support a narrative? Sound familiar?

No, I am not trying to start a purple helmet bumping contest, just an observation.

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Let’s just hope mikeyMarine is Dean of the Electoral College 🍻🎏

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Poll is a bit disingenuous with 3 conditionally (yabbit) supportive choices, no, or lets build a dumpster fire.
Good observation. Poll design can be tricky. Poll interpretation can be trickier.

It's measuring two axes; one is yes/no, the other is "if yes, then how heavy-handed should the moderation be?"

Something like....
Yes and no moderation
Yes and some moderation
Yes and moderate with an iron fist!
No. Just no.
No, but if it's allowed, moderate moderately.
No, but if it's allowed, moderate with an iron fist!

On the other hand, should the people who don't want it, be able to decide how it's moderated? They won't be (or at least I'd expect they wouldn't be) participating.

Tough choices.

Or, use your interpretation (again, it's a good one) of comparing "all 'yes' answers" vs. "all 'no' answers". If on balance, the result is "yes", then come back with a second poll asking how much moderator intervention we want.

I don't know enough about FB to be able to say which category that falls into -- but I don't want anything to do with FB in the first place so...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Choice 1-3 are are conditionally supportive of the poll question and dilutes the appearance of support. As of now with 60 total votes submitted, 33 (55%) are conditionally supportive, and 27 (45%) are against.

Interesting how data can be manipulated to support a narrative? Sound familiar?

No, I am not trying to start a purple helmet bumping contest, just an observation.
You pretty much better articulated what I tried to say without using many words. 😉

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
:rolleyes:

1. You're able to write your own poll. Go for it.
  2. I will not change the wording just to make a couple members more comfy with the wording. The GENERAL idea is there. Accept it as written or don't vote.
  3. Its clear that most understand my substandard Amera-English. Sorry if you do not. See #1 above.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts