Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well well I would have though that a scooter weighting 250kg + with what seemed to be a good locking system, would be safe NO NO NO

Sunday morning awoken with YOUR BIKE IS GONE !!!!

Cut the chain and or pad lock on gate at my in-laws house (where we are staying in between houses), I assume slide hammered the lock centre out and walked away with scooter in hand.

Being only 7 in this state (Perth Western Australia) how would they know about hand brake (which was on) bike on the side stand in single carport with that arch you would hit the fence with steering lock on ??? , So I ‘m guessing that they pull the lock.. to wheel it out … (dogs bark all night usually, but not this Sunday early morning)

So when and if I can get my scooter back (or new one), it will be chained to something this time.

Be carefull Greg ...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Greg, sorry about the loss and the inconvience associated with it. Sounds like a pre-planned job to me. It would take 3 men and a small boy to lift a Burgy into the back of a truck and I can't see anyone pushing one for any distance. Good luck on a speedy recovery (without damange) or a quick and fair insurance settlement.
Bill Trammell

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Well I'm really saddened to hear about that Greg. That is a real shame. I have thought that the Burger would have been a relatively safe bike from theivery. I will learn from your lesson though and look into security devices for my own. Again that just s_cks :evil: . I hope you get it back safe and sound or replaced soon. Its going to be inconvenient yes , but your only replacement choice I think will be a 2004 model.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update :- Do you think your scooters is secure ??

Well rang the dealer the other day to see if new stock was avail. (Mine was last one when I bought it), and he said that the low life’s that stole my scoot would have used a skateboard type platform to lift scooter wheels up onto then push it way, without having to disable the steering lock.

Anyway a little good news knocked on the door last night to say ...

I overhear people talking about this large green scooter that they had stolen, and he noted his name, rang police to inform them and the little [email protected]# is well know to them.

So maybe I’ll be back on board soon, if he hasn’t trashed it ???

Rgds Greg …
Currently Burger less but riding my wife’s new 50cc PGO Arriba …

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Allwalk,

No, I don't think it is high on there list of things to do ...

Just have to wait ...

At this stage would rather get a payed out and start from new, scooter would most likely have been treated like [email protected]# and ignition lock assy trashed etc etc ...

Thinking off trying Aprilia Habana Custom 125cc or Honda @125 (the "@" is its name) ...

Rgds Greg ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts