Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the TV programs about house flipping during the heady days of the housing boom ? Well we’ve come full circle , a new program is coming that fits the times IMO........ Tiny House Nation .

Good bye McMansions ? :dontknow:

It’s bigger than you think https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tiny+house+
Not the house , but the movement .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Reaper, I have been watching this trend for the past 10 years or so. At first it was for frugal people who thought they should be able to live within their income without killing themselves on the job to afford something to "keep up with the Jones." More and more now, these houses are for people who are discovering that in today's times they just can't buy a regular house. I have thought about buying some land and putting one on just to say I did. I certainly don't need all the space in the house my wife and I own now. I have wondered how one of those tiny houses would look with an eight car garage behind it. <grin>

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reaper, I have been watching this trend for the past 10 years or so. At first it was for frugal people who thought they should be able to live within their income without killing themselves on the job to afford something to "keep up with the Jones." More and more now, these houses are for people who are discovering that in today's times they just can't buy a regular house. I have thought about buying some land and putting one on just to say I did. I certainly don't need all the space in the house my wife and I own now. I have wondered how one of those tiny houses would look with an eight car garage behind it. <grin>

Doug from Kentucky
Several years ago I advised a developer friend of mine to close all his subdivision development out / done / sold out / by 2004 and 2005 at the latest . He didn't listen and tried one more small sub with 35 lots , he's been hung with them for nearly a decade now . Some people don't understand demographics and how they rule . On average the boomers with their move up house and the boomers children with their first time house , had on average been all done buying in 2004 and 2005 .

The next big real-estate event is already begun , it's the boomers retiring and going through their liquidation stage . That's why you see a glut of bikes for sale and few buyers . All those McMansions the boomers built are going to have to be sold , and their are few in the next generation that can afford a 5000 to 25,000 sq ft house . I owned one of those monsters and I can tell you that it's like owning a hotel with no paying guest . Here McMansions are dirt cheap sq ft wise , and they will get cheaper actually MUCH CHEAPER !

Right now most cities have ordinances against building smaller homes , but I think that is about to change in some areas . So don't be surprised when you see your first Tiny House subdivision . I too have been thinking about a Tiny House with an 8 car garage :D

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
We have a local man here that is making "little houses" out of shipping containers. You can use them for homes and/or place them on land you own for hunting. He will make them with multi rooms or even two stories. Having a shippingport here we get a lot of shipping containers come in and they don't ship them back so empty they sell cheap. People also are building mini homes not much bigger than storage sheds in their back yards then moving into them and letting children have the big house. That way they can still live independently but have someone close to check on them. Sure beats having to live in an assisted living home. When did they quit calling them rest homes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts