Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi

The Burger 650 seems to be attracting the scammers this side of the pond.

I fear this MAY be one of them.

See the email trail below to/from the seller, I have taken out my email and ebay ident for use here:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 13 May 2004 23:33
To: 'Jenn Dunnet'
Subject: RE: Question from eBay Member: 2003 Suzuki Burgman 650 Scooter (2478646760)

Hi

Thanks for your reply, however you are incorrect in your statement.

Your machine has a VIN/Chassis Number and an engine number - let me have both of these please as well as current owner details and the post code for 27 Gladstone Street.

I need this to tun an HPI check.

Thank you

NormanB
-----Original Message-----
Sent: 13 May 2004 18:48
To: [email protected] zzzzzzzzz
Subject: Re: Question from eBay Member: 2003 Suzuki Burgman 650 Scooter (2478646760)

Beeing a scooter it hasn't a VIN number because the engine does not corespond with the size for VIN number. You can colectthe scooter from 27 Gladstone street London, UK.

[email protected] zzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:
Question from eBay Member: 2003 Suzuki Burgman 650 Scooter (2478646760)

Dear vasishop,

Hi - I am afraid I have a few questions: Where is the bike now? Who is it registered to (V5)and how many former keepers. VIN number and Registration Number. Where can i inspect the bike? Where can I collect it from. Thank you.

To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayISAPI.dll? ... 2478646760

Thank you,

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
It's just another Ebay scam. low price, free shipping, only money orders excepted. Very popular with the BMW bikes at least one a month :)
Your asking the right questions which means you will never get the right answers :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Randy said:
snipped Your asking the right questions which means you will never get the right answers :lol:
Hi Randy
I had no intention of buying - I was just exposing :wink:
NormanB

PS: I was browsing ebay and got bored and thought tweaking the seller would be a bit of fun!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I sent them an email asking if they would use an escrow. You should see the reply I got, I forward it to ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts