Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's tough to call it a "ROAD STORY" when you've only gone 80 miles...but lemme tell ya.

It is spring time here on the Emerald Coast. Temps hoovering about the mid seventies.

Went riding today. NO no no...... no big ass long journey just a few 20 and thirty mile "jaunts." I wore short sleeves - shame on me! My arms are BAKED.

It started with a "spin around the block" to meet up with a fellow ICOBOer - but they weren't there. in lieu of that, I cruised over to Okaloosa Island - "the island" as it is affectionately known round here. It was about 10am. A couple of NICE cigarette boats (actually there were 3!) were hanging around in the marina below the bridge i was traversing. I shot into the boat ramp area and watched 'em fill up and rumble off (one of them needed gas - GLUG GLUG!). YA know what - in a neat way - my Moonpie's engine sounds like a nice powerfull outboard motor at idle too! (There were a few of those idling around... nowhere bling as those big ass 10 person cigarettes tho!!

Soap - got through with that and hit highway 98 again going back into my hometown (Ft. Walton Beach) - reeeal slow thru the "touristy" section. Ppl ALL over the place in drop tops. I kept on having to turn down my MP3 subwoofer system in order to not be "a pest" to those around me. Who wants to hear another prsns muzac!

Did "the loop." (And stopped to check on the Burgman owner again..) It's a big piece of available tarmac that goes around FWB, if there is ever "a loop" built around this joint - that "loop" would prolly be it. Hit about 88 indicated getting away from some idiot in an suv and a metric cruiser who didnt want to be seen "posting" behind a scooter.

Met a Ducati rider who, for the 10 seconds we had said "is that really a 650!"

Now I need to go and clean alla dat 80 miles of brake dust offf me wheels.

Sun is bustin - and the Moonpie is in quarantine (already had a beer here!) Ciao 4 Now Brown Cow!

Pedz!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Peat wrote (snipped)
I kept on having to turn down my MP3 subwoofer system in order to not be "a pest" to those around me. Who wants to hear another prsns muzac
Thanks for reminding me there are still some people in this world that care.. Not going to find one down here, that's for sure.. Feel sorry for there ear drums.

About your ride, you know what the say, It's quality not quantity that counts :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts