Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,253 Posts
With the new GIVI - I'm a 'look thru' cause I'm not 7' tall lol
I had to ask, so I'm glad you clarified that, I understand, etc.

Me, I'm 5'9", and I've always been a "look-over" rider. I had the shortest Clearviews (bboth with vents) on both of my Execs, two different aftermarket windshields on my Victory, an aftermarket on my Valkyrie, and so forth, but they've always been short enough for me to look over. I already look through up to three layers -- my glasses, the helmet visor (I've always worn full-face, and then, when they came out, modulars), and often a helmet internal sun visor -- so I don't need another layer to keep spotless and look through.

Just curious for the look-through riders: have you tried a bike with a windscreen that tops off below your eye level? Maybe it's a helmet thing, too, e.g., if folks don't wear full-face helmets, maybe they prefer calmer air?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I use plexus on my windscreen, visor, and mirrors. I have an old towel that I wet and cover the windscreen with to soften up the crusty bugs 1st.

Pledge works too, but I can't stand the smell on my visor/in my helmet.

·
Super Moderator
15,720 Posts
But you can stand the smell of Plexus? It smells like curing plastic, not something I enjoy.
I did my helmet with that once & had to use my backup helmet for a couple days.

I use plexus on my windscreen, visor, and mirrors. I have an old towel that I wet and cover the windscreen with to soften up the crusty bugs 1st.

Pledge works too, but I can't stand the smell on my visor/in my helmet.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Premium Member
14,481 Posts
At home or on the road I clean my two bike windshields the same way. First I get a cloth sloppy wet with water and lightly go over the screen just barely touching it. This is to float any dust off the plastic so the cleaner won't just be smearing it around like sandpaper causing scratches. Then I spray the still wet windshield with Pledge and wipe it down with a disposable blue shop towel (those you get in rolls like paper towels). Finally I go back over it with a clean dry microfiber cloth. After 15 years of cleaning them this way the windshields are still crystal clear and scratch free so I consider it a success.

My face shield I clean eyeglass cleaner.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts