Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO TO ALL
WANTED TO DROP A NOTE TO ALL THE BURG OWNERS TO SAY AS SAD AS IT IS YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND I DO NOT MEAN THE BURGS WE BOUGHT I'M TALKING ABOUT THE SERVICE WE PAY FOR. OTHER PEOPLE DO YOUR WORK AND THEY SCREW UP TO SO ANYTHING YOU CAN DO YOURSHELF [ DO IT. ] I TRUSTED THE SERVICE DEPTMENT AND NOW HAVE EXTRA WEAR ON MY TIRES. AFTER CHECKING THE AIR PRESSURE I FOUND 18# IN THE FRONT AND 22# IN THE REAR AND YES I BLAME MYSHELF FOR NOT CHECKING. I ALSO LOST A 8MM BOLT FORM MY CENTER STAND. NOW I AM GOING THROUGH EVERY BOLT AND NUT I CAN FIND SO BEWARE PEOPLE DON'T ALWAYS DO YOUR JOB RIGHT. I'M ASLO SURE YOU HAVE STORIES TO TELL WORSE THEN THE PROBLEMS I'VE HAD. GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND RIDE WITH THE WIND ON YOUR BURGS IT'S A GREAT BIKE-- I MEAN SCOOTER !!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
L.SKULSKI wrote
DON'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND I DO NOT MEAN THE BURGS WE BOUGHT I'M TALKING ABOUT THE SERVICE WE PAY FOR. OTHER PEOPLE DO YOUR WORK AND THEY SCREW UP TO SO ANYTHING YOU CAN DO YOURSHELF [ DO IT.
]

What your saying is sad but true, and I guess has happened to all of us. and I agree, if I have to go over everything the service department did then I mite as well do it my self.:?
By the way, I had my hearing aid fixed, you don't have to shout anymore. :)

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Just did my own service at 600 mi, not hard to do, few places I could not get torque wrench in to check , but did it by feel, if you have an idea how much bolt will stand. Any one know what size the allen wrench is for front axel. 5/16 will take out drain plug for trans and final gear , just dont over tighten and strip the thread :cry:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SORRY RANDY
I wrte in caps because i hunt and peck and it just makes it faster - didn't mean to yell.
have a great DAY

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
seatec said:
Just did my own service at 600 mi, not hard to do, few places I could not get torque wrench in to check , but did it by feel, if you have an idea how much bolt will stand. Any one know what size the allen wrench is for front axel. 5/16 will take out drain plug for trans and final gear , just dont over tighten and strip the thread :cry:
12mm allen key for front wheel axle and 17 mm in case you want to tackle fork oil.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
L.SKULSKI said:
HELLO TO ALL
snipped ........... AND THEY SCREW UP TO SO ANYTHING YOU CAN DO YOURSHELF [ DO IT. ] I TRUSTED THE SERVICE DEPTMENT AND NOW HAVE EXTRA WEAR ON MY TIRES. AFTER CHECKING THE AIR PRESSURE I FOUND 18# IN THE FRONT AND 22# IN THE REAR AND YES I BLAME MYSHELF FOR NOT CHECKING. snipped!
I agree with you.

But tyre pressures should be checked before every trip - I know I do - my life depends upon them.

Having these makes it a darn sight easier though;-)

http://www.thetyrepressuremonitor.com/

·
Registered
428 Posts
Norman, those pressure monitors are THE **** (that's a good thing per my teenagers). Never heard of them before, think I'll try them out.

Peace.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Mechanics

I've found that each town usually has one trusted mechanic. You
have to talk to the local riders as to who they like. Our local guy
runs his own shop in an out of the way place. He usually sells
parts cheap and makes his money installing stuff. I like a mechanic
that you can talk to and will take the time to talk to you about the
bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts