Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2003 AN400 on EBAY and did not receive an owner's manual. I do have the Service Manual. Do I need to get the owner's manual? My local Ron Ayers Motorsports said that the manual is not available from Suzuki. Any ideas? :?:

Gary

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Gary, I can't think of any reason to have an owners manual as the service manual has a listing of periodic maintenance, and shows you how to do it. Other than valve adjustment which takes a bit of work getting all the plastic off, theres not much other than oil, filter, transmission oil to change.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
You will be fine. I don't think that theres any information in the owners manual that isn't found in the shop manual.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
A little depends on what you already know about your scooter. I did not know how to start mine till I read the owners manual and never would have found the tool pouch, or set the clock /trip display.
I really don't know if these are covered in the Service manual, never tried to find them.
But that said after a few days the Service manual does get a lot more use.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Randy is right....some the stuff like clocks, how to start, are not in the Service manual, but if you get stuck give me a pm and I'll get the word to you....being a fellow North Carolinian and all. You live out near the east coast, the Outter Banks, and New Bern where Blackbeard roamed, right?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the INFO...

Thanks for the info, I kinda thought that I already knew everything I needed to know about my bike. I remember when I 'accidentally' started it after I brought it home. It took me a good month to actually get it on the road. The guy or company I purchased it from on EBAY buys insurance salvages and restores them for sale. My bike was laid down on the left side and suffered extensive damage to the fairings and console. Had I studied the pictures more closely (I was blinded by desire...) I probably would not have purchased it. It has cost me quite a bit to replace all the damaged plastic. The frame and motor was checked by the Suzuki dealer, and determined to be OK. I plan to post before and after pics in the gallery soon with suggestions to future EBAY buyers. Finally Winterville is in eastern NC. We are the home of East Carolina University. Our team is the ECU Pirates and this area is considered Pirate Country. But I don't know anything about Blackbeard roaming this area.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
gdavis13 said:
I purchased my 2003 AN400 on EBAY and did not receive an owner's manual. I do have the Service Manual. Do I need to get the owner's manual? My local Ron Ayers Motorsports said that the manual is not available from Suzuki. Any ideas? :?:

Gary
Hi Gary

A belated welcome to the forum from me :hello2:

I think I was out of it for a little while when you started posting.

I just wanted to thank you for posting the pictures up of the damaged panels and the finished product - your Burger is sure looking sweet now.

Being a typical nosy old Brit may I enquire about the economics and if you came out ahead on the deal? (Ebay purchase + replacement parts cost) and if there is any remaining damage you have just decided to live with.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First Things First....

Hi Norm,
Economics wise, it was a wash. If I could have found a used 400 for about $4500 in excellent condition I would have been pleased. I ended up paying about $4600 US total to get the bike in the condition I wanted it in. The only thing I could not resolve (or didn't care about) was the left side footrest area. It is stable (locked to frame) but not like new. I am very happy with the end result though. As far as the title is concerned, the bike was inspected in Florida at the cost of the seller, and the title was cleared. The bike was inspected twice here, (they put the sticker on the front fairing), so I had to get it inspected again after I replaced the fairing. There is no mention of salvage on my NC title.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts