Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally picked up my 2011 Burgman 400 yesterday and rode it home. Today, I rode it to our annual "Dog Mart" and around the country. Do I like it...NO! I LOVE it! :p When I got off the bike in the parking area of the Dog Mart, I was approached by two people who loved the bike! One looked at it in amazement, kind of like I did when I discovered the maxi-scooters, and he said, "Wow...a monster scooter! Cool!" The other was an older gentleman who was a rider of old, and he admired the scoot and told me about his cross country trip many years ago on a two wheeler. I was so proud to be on my Burgman!

So...what do I like? I love the ride, the weight is just right, the lights are great (I like the fact that both lights stay on when you hit dim...one doesn't go out and look like you need a headlight replacement), the orange colored dash and the digital gages, the temp. display, the looks, the parking brake! I always hated when I would park on a hill or even at my mailbox or in front of my garage and the my bike would want to roll. The parking brake is such a great idea! It works so well! The storrage is everything that I had heard...AMPLE! Nice size glove box also. I also love the add ons like my givi windshield (so much better than the original) and the Bestem Quick Release Top Box 929 with the back brake light! The brake light is awesome as it is high and bright and makes the rear end so much easier to see! The electronic fuel injection and ABS are also great! I put on my RAM GPS holder and a pigtail from my battery for quick hook up to a trickle charger. I have more room to stretch out than my SYM RV250. I still like my SYM, but that is more like my Chevy Nova and the Burgman is like my Cadillac!

Now...what I don't like...Hmmmmmmm...Uhhhhhhh...Errrrrrrrr...well, I'm at a loss! The time researching, reading on various bike forums, waiting for the right bike to come along, getting the SYM RV250 as my first bike to learn what the Maxi-Scooter is all about...all paid off! Heading out to Graves Mountain Lodge Autumn Apple Festivle this coming weekend. The mountains will be beautiful and the ride on my Burgman will be beautiful as well. Can't wait! Oh...did I say that I LOVE this bike! :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! I just brought my first one home as well but don't have it as nicely turned out as yours...YET!! Don't get so busy riding that you forget to polish it up for all the people who will want to check it out. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah! She is pretty and I intend to keep her that way! It sure does attract the attention! Now...If I were only young again...the possibilities! Congrats on getting yours. Enjoy...and be safe out there!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Congratulations Tinstar, now share the love and show us a picture.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I had an rv250 before my 650 exec, now have 400 too(2008). I'm always amazed at how little people know about scooters and the possibilities. Congrats one ride.

·
Registered
47 Posts
MANY years ago - maybe about 30 - I was admiring a friend's Honda 250XL. He advised me NOT to take it for a ride "because you will have to buy one." Dead right! It was one of the best bikes I have owned in my 50 year riding career. Years later, same thing happened - I saw a Yamaha T-Max. Took one for a ride - had to have it. And now the Burgy 650 - the same experience again! These 3 bikes are all fantastic to ride, but all have different points which make them unbeatable. For now the Burgy rules, because it is the one in the garage at the moment. What will my next bike be? It's always fun imagining it ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts