3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife said I have too many helmets.
What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
What your favorite comfortable wear every day helmet ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ernie M said:
Looks like my house!! Our two kids ride with both my wife and I. Their fun to collect!! :thumbup:
Kids and wives? Or helmets?
;)

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chérie said:
What your favorite comfortable wear every day helmet ?
Yes :thumbup: That's hard to answer but:
My favorite Summer helmet is the 3rd from the right Open face AFX FX-50 and for Winter it is now the Shoei Qwest 3rd from the left.
But my most used helmet is the Modular in the middle a Zox Genesis. Both the Zox and Shoei are very plush and comfortable for long rides.
The 2 on the left are currently on CraigsList for sale (my old favorite winter helmet HJC CL-12 $40 and my AFX FX-100 $80).
The half helmet is never used but more for the grand kids to play with.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Hi Steve,

Well I think it's perfectly fine to have a few spare helmets, just in case, for backup. I'm up to three right now, but only wear one. I really like my Nolan N43.

Lois

·
Registered
23 Posts
lojo said:
Hi Steve,

Well I think it's perfectly fine to have a few spare helmets, just in case, for backup. I'm up to three right now, but only wear one. I really like my Nolan N43.
Lois
Excellent helmet IMO. I use it for summer, with a Nolan N90 during the other seasons; that way I can just move the N-Com between them and still get Transatlantic tech support calls from my wife while riding in the middle of nowhere... :)
Enjoy! -- Mark

·
Premium Member
8,119 Posts
pdxstriper said:
Ernie M said:
Looks like my house!! Our two kids ride with both my wife and I. Their fun to collect!! :thumbup:
Kids and wives? Or helmets?
;)
lol yep fun to collect but heck to try and get rid of

·
Registered
739 Posts
Nice collection.. I seem to collect riding jackets and pants..I always see something that is either a great price or an improvement or cooler or warmer than something else that I have... it's an addiction..

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have 7, but only one isn't a moto-cross helmet. I bought a Bell Mag9 shortly after I bought my scoot. I may try AFXs version of that helmet this coming summer? Not overly impressed with the Mag9.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I gave my Bell Mag9 away to another scooterist.
If your head fits the AFX I think you'll like it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Scootereno said:
I gave my Bell Mag9 away to another scooterist.
If your head fits the AFX I think you'll like it.
Thank you. The AFX50 I believe it's called. Very close to the Bell Mag9. Like I said, I love the features, just as a whole, not real happy with the helmet, so I'm going to try AFXs version of it. Do you know if they're true to size, run big or small?
Thanks again. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes it did run true to size for my XL Head.

I went and did it now. I saw a bike shop going out of business and I stopped. I walked out with 3 pair of all leather gloves for $20. 2 are fully armored gauntlets and one is just a short cruiser glove. Yes i have and addiction. 8)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Only reason I have two, is my first one is so worn out on the inside I don't even what to give it away. :lol:

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Quite possibly, when you consider the average life expectancy of the foam components in a helmet. Lot of money sittin' there......sort of like tires.

You can put brand new tires on your pickup truck (and have three sets mounted and ready to go)....how much real usage can you get or expect if the rubber on those tires disintegrates and cracks due to age. They're 'band new" but if they are 6 years old, they certainly are not new or safe.

I'd rather have one or two helmets I'll get full use of than a dozen that mostly sit and 'age'....they're not wine so they don't get better with age... LoL.. :lol:

Scootereno said:
My wife said I have too many helmets.
What do you think?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Depends on how many heads you have.
:roll: :roll:

Then again I have 3 one summer one winter and a BMW one that stopped a .22 on a dark road one night
sounded like a bomb doing off in my ear and it was only a air gun.

How about this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-SPEED-HELME ... 0920414528?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts