Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my new Clearview XL on the AN650 yesterday and it is great. No wind to speak of even at 80 mph plus. The only problem I have is it made me extremely dizzy. I know looking through the windshield is something I have to get used to, but I was just wondering has anybody else ever experienced dizziness because of this. I need some encouragement.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Wow you must be looking at the screen rather than through it. If you cannot resolve this and the dizziness persists I would recommend you get rid or shorten it so you look just over the top. (or sit on a cushion).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, maybe its my own personal hang up but I don't think I could ever go back to the stock screen, the XL just makes things too smooth. Maybe I should try "looking through it" and not "at it" as you say. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
If you are wearing glasses, using a plastic helmet shield and looking throught the Clearview, the combination could be causing just enough distortion to cause you problems.
If you are using a faceshield, try raising it and then lowering it while looking through the Clearview to see if you can detect any difference in your vision. Try the same thing with eye or sunglasses to see if this may cause some distortion.
I agree with NormanB that it's likely you are looking at the Clearview while riding and not through it and this could be causing you some problems. Try not to stare at a fixed point (object) while looking through the shield but keep your eyes moving (glancing) at different points in front and to the sides of the shield.
Hope this helps. I installed a Clearview XXL a while ago. I look through it but haven't experienced any problems. It was somewhat distracting at first until I realized, like NormanB said, I was tending to look at it rather than through it. :D
Don

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will do just that. Thanks a bunch for the tips, because like I said, the larger screen makes riding so much nicer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts