Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put together a DIY guide for those of you that might be interested in doing your own transmission oil changes.

It is a simple job that anybody can do with a bit of patience and a few tools.

I have started a Burgman 650 Center with DIY guides, product reviews and other Burgman 650 related items,
the link is in my signature.

Link to DIY Transmission Oil change guide: DIY -- Burgman 650 Transmission Oil Change Guide

·
Registered
1 Posts
remember the engine oil lubricates the motorcycle type clutch and has a return to the engine oil pan . So you must use motorcycle specifc oil for the engine and not automotive oil. The transmission oil does not run with the clutch oil. any questions refer to the burgman 650 oiling diagram on the ledude site. The transmission oil is separate from the engine oil ,but not the clutch. The clutch uses the engine oil and has a return sump pump. So no car oil in the engine oil period.

·
Registered
305 Posts
What is the nut to the left of filler nut on the round portion of transmission ? It looks like it has a cavity down the side of round portion back into the main part of tranny.

Butch

·
Registered
30 Posts
Le Dude I need some help 2016 650

I have put together a DIY guide for those of you that might be interested in doing your own transmission oil changes.

It is a simple job that anybody can do with a bit of patience and a few tools.

I have started a Burgman 650 Center with DIY guides, product reviews and other Burgman 650 related items,
the link is in my signature.

Link to DIY Transmission Oil change guide: DIY -- Burgman 650 Transmission Oil Change Guide
I am trying to remove the passenger back rest from my exe. Do you have any videos, pics or advice to share?

·
Administrator
17,610 Posts
The Passenger back rest is easy to remove. (I use to hide my spare key behind the pad... )

The pad pulls off of two pins at the bottom of the pad. It will come off. And then has another two at the top. Then at the bottom are two push pins to pull to remove the bottom cover plastic pieces. Then a 8mm Allen head socket removes the three bolts. Lift the frame off and then the gasket. Now you should have three holes in the tupperware panel for mounting a GIVI plate, same three holes....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts