Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Isuzu headrest mod has worked out relatively well. I have 3 different lengths of tubing and still testing which "depth" works best for me. The one in the picture is likely the final length I will stick with. I find that wearing my jacket with the back pad inside, requires me to have shorter length tubes in place. The back pad in the jacket also makes for a more uniform feel when I lean against the backrest. I keep the spare tubes under the seat. It only takes a few minutes to swap the lengths out.

I also fabricated some raised passenger footrests that better fits my wife during the times she rides along. I used a combination of wood pieces with slip resistant pad on top. This raised the foot rest 1 5/8" with a larger area for her feet to rest. The raised pads also make it easier for her to climb onboard. I bought the non-slip rubber mat from Ace Hardware. It comes with adhesive backing. I simply cut it to fit on top. I cut through holes in the mat to allow clearance for the hex head bolts I used. The raised tread are just above the head of the bolts.

I'm also testing a seat pad I bought off amazon. So far, it's a definite improvement, but I am still tweaking the pressure setting. For now, it simply rests on the seat and I throw it under the seat when I stop somewhere for any length of time. I will eventually attach it to the seat. The straps that came with it don't really work very well. Amazon link below for the unit I bought. The price has already went up around $7 since I bought it in mid-December.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Nice footrests. Have any mid-construction pics?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice footrests. Have any mid-construction pics?
I don't, but I simply used some heavy stock paper to make template for the bottom piece. It's two layers deep. I cut a 1 X 4 as the base and I think it was scrap 5/8" plywood for the top piece. The top is larger than the bottom. The trickiest part is getting the holes to align all the way through to threaded hole in bike. I painted the wood flat black to blend in and for protection from the elements. Just use what you have laying around.

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Thanks! I’ll see what scraps I have hanging around …

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I’ll see what scraps I have hanging around …
If you do modify the passenger footrests and use the rubber mat that I referenced from Ace, make sure to screw it down to the wood. I thought the adhesive backing would be good enough, but I already lost one on a ride. I will be picking up some more mat today. Furthermore, if you get Ace Hardware sale flyers in the mail, there is a 50% off any single item that expires on the 16th.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts