Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing gears and bearings in transmission, and ensuring that all fuses and wiring are shipshape, my ‘09 650AN runs great in 1st gear, but will only rarely change to 2nd gear, never higher, and manual shifting doesn’t work.
The indicator displays are screwed up or non-functioning. Replaced computer with a used one (claimed to be good), but went straight to F1 and would not start. Put original back in, and it again runs fine but only in 1st gear, and still has bad displays.
Should I order a new computer? Other suggestions?

·
Registered
275 Posts
IIRC, the center stand switch prevents the CVT from shifting out of "1st" gear ratio.

·
Registered
775 Posts
As said centre stand switch can cause issues if stuck but wont affect your display did you ensure the sensor at the back of the CVT was in correctly and plugged in? Easy to forget (dont ask)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply. I’m about to go to the shop to look for myself. The repairman mentioned both possibilities, but I’ll double check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you to whoever posted the link to LeDude’s Burgman Center!
From the detailed diagrams, I think I found the problem, due to a damaged sensor (the secondary pulley revolution sensor).
Two sensors give data for the turns ratio to the CVT controller in the ECM. If either sensor fails, the controller doesn't know the gear ratio. Once it is replaced, I think all that is wrong will be right.
(The damage resulted from... well, it’s a long story.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts