Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Just got my scoot back from Tusla,Ok. Big Burg sounds better than it sounded brand new. Suzkui warranty paid for it. However i wouldn't recomend anybody to do this unless the nosie is really buging you. They say it may come back. If it does i gonna let it go. Bettween driving over to Tulas from Arkansas. Having to take off work early to go get it. Takeing three weeks to get it back. And not to mention burger withdraws. I wouldn't recomend it. If i hadn't had my wife's 400 i'd went nuts. But after the big burg,little burgie seemed way to small. It was kinda a like going from a big four wheel drive pickup to a subcomact car. :roll:
Anyway they say chanes are it may come back. If it dose i'll live with it.At least i know i gave it a try. Time to go to work. I got to warm up big burg. Bye for now. I'll let you all know if the noise comes back.
Doug Collins
Springdale,Arkansas 8) :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
three weeks? i would be looking for a dealer that know what he was doing . they did mine as i went and looked at the new bikes in the showroom .it took about 45 min as mine was the first one that they have done at this dealer . they only have to take off the left hand side lower and then a cover to get at the gear . suzuki gives them the special puller to get the old one out . mine had some wear showing . the service manager did tell me of a dealer in another province that took the motor out of the bike thinking that is what they thought they had to do.so before you start paying for work check and make sure they a not learning on your $

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I had that "fix" done this year. The dieseling noise came back in less than a week. It may not be quite as loud, but it is pretty close.

I'm not going to pursue it - it doesn't bother me. It's just part of the 650 legend.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:oops: Perhaps your right Doug. I should have taken it some where else. I drove 220 miles round trip as it was. Because no one around here knows how to work on a Burgman. As long as it was fixed right i really don't care how long it took. i guess i 'll have too drive it to Canada the next time i need any thing done to it. :p
As for pauljo, im sorry to here yours came back. I'm like you, if dose come i'll just live with it. I was getting can of used to it anyway. Let the legend grow. 8) So far so good. It's running as good as it sounds.

Doug Collins
Springdale,Arkansas

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
DonRich90 said:
Did any of the dealers who corrected the problem say what the problem was? How did they correct it? :D
The fix is per Suzuki's instructions. It is one small part - a gear collar or something like that. It has a little less end play than the one the machine came with so it shouldn't rattle back and forth so much at idle. They need a specific special tool to install it. The dealer needs to call Suzuki for authorization to do the job, for help with instructions, and for the part & tool.

Suzuki also tells the dealer to inform the customer that there will still be some noise. So it is best to just expect a "little bit quieter diesel".

In my opinion, it is not worth the effort to have it done.

·
Registered
761 Posts
any users on this forum with a google of miles on their an650 and NOT had this procedure done? Just wonder if there can be a comparison done to determine if there REALLY has been little harm done. What are your impressions in the change in gear stability (I am assuming that this "cap" provides some form of gear stability??)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Transmission and running gear work just fine. No detectable difference after the "fix". I believe that from a reliability standpoint, there is no benefit to having this procedure done.

The only time that gear rattles is at idle, when the clutch is disengaged and no load is being put on the gears in the drive train. So it is not being stressed at that point. My understanding of the "fix" is that it just reduces the amount of end play in the gear shaft - so it rattles less.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts