Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my daily commuter, (Burg 650) parked out on the grass under a tree today cause I was doing concrete work outside my workshop. Neighbor came over and brought a cold beer to drink so we were setting under the same tree in the shade when I looked over at my worn front tire, put my finger on the tread to point out how I needed a new tire when I spotted a bubble the size of a small egg! I drive 70 miles round trip at 75 mph to work and to have that tire blow out on the drive could have been a disaster to say the least. Lucky for me I took time out to drink a beer and was sitting right next to the bike. Tire was a Michelin Gold Standard with 8,200 miles on it. Bike will sit till I get another tire on it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wow, glad you caught it in time. There is something to be said about slowing down sometime and have a cold one with a neighbor.

·
Administrator
18,743 Posts
The Gold Standards (GS) have been out of production for a few years now. I have two sitting in my garage. But all new ones on Ebay are old stock as are mine. It is the best tire I have had on my 3Burgman 650's. I am running a Shinko as when I needed a tire I could not get a new GS. My Shinko is +1 Par and the GS is 4 under. :D

I will be installing one of the GS's soon as my Shinko is at 20% tread left and we will be heading into the rainy season soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts