Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned this in another thread, but this may be the best way to customize your Burgman. As I like neon green colors to be seen, then Plasti-Dip may be the way to go (with any color your want, and with pearlization as well)...

http://www.dipyourcar.com/

It would be very easy and quick to Dip a Burgman. No sanding, no primer, not any of that tedious stuff. The Dip protects your plastic and when you want to change color, peel it off. Cheaper than a vinyl wrap.

I have been thinking of doing this to my old Isuzu pickup truck and thought, hey, the Burgman would be faster and easier.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They have the do it yourself kits as well as the 'carbon fiber' kits. I would guess a Burgman would look awesome in carbon fiber dress up.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I tried it on mine. I suggest STAY AWAY. You can never get it all off and the spray cans don't come out good on the Burgman.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Dip would work good on the painted panels but not on the unpainted black parts, especially the ones that get worn by feet and such. I know because I did a test and the dip started pealing after a few days of foot wear{tested on my old scoot not the Burg}.

Dip can be removed if you do it right. Need to spray it thick enough to form a heavy layer{much thicker than regular paint}. 4 layers at the least and sprayed heavy not lightly like you do with other paints.

Sadly dip does not come out super smooth and is flat to satin in sheen. The glossifier helps but is not like a high gloss auto paint.

If you are doing it yourself wrap isn't much more but is more time consuming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts