Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just over 150 miles on my AN400K4. Have been motoring around the island of Oahu to break it in. Two things stand out as inconvenient: (1) the digital display of odometer and clock are very difficult to read in daylight. Part of the problem, I think, is my face shield that creates additional glare. (2) the turn signal warning system is totally visual. I miss the beeper I had on my 50cc scoot of past. Am slowly getting in the habit of double checking for the flashing lite. The dealer sells a kit that hooks into the fork signals and has a small speaker. Costs only about $12 but I'm going to try to re-pattern my brain to turning off the blinkers after a turn or lane change. :roll:

I love this bike! Today was an exceptionally beautiful day. I passed my motorcycle driver's test in the a.m., did more break-in riding, picked up a sandwich and drink and sat in the shade of a coconut tree on the beach at Waikiki to ogle the babes:oops: :oops: and the waves. We're having unusually big waves this week...45 footers on the North Coast! I relived my childhood today at my favorite surf spot. But this time, instead of a bicycle, I had a Burger. :D

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm going to install a 12v piezo buzzer across the two terminals of the flasher module. They're a few bucks at an electronics parts store.
Get one that has internal oscillator circuitry, not the plane peizo discs.

Mounting foam works good to get it placed next to or on a flasher module.

The rider energizes the turn signal flasher by left or right switch position.
Piezo beeps every time the lights are off during flashing.

Regulate beep volume by placing tape partially or entirely over the peizo output air hole or disc edge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hawaii on a Burggy

Chickenman,

Read your description of the beach scene there in Hawaii. I visited there in 1969 and 1971. Saw several mo-peds and scooters then, too. What a drive it would be, to go up to the overlook above Honolulu, or to the polyneisian cultural center on the Burgman 400. I just got mine two weeks ago, but I'll probably never get to ride it where you are. When I was there, we stayed in the Royal Hawaiian, along with John Wayne and the Brady Bunch, as they were filming on the beach! I want to come back some time and re-trace my steps. What a place! Heaven on earth!

Tom G.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
ajwood;
You make it sound simple enough for me to try. But I will wait to hear how yours turned out.:wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts