Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
This is about an hour and a half from where we live. We're interested in going to take a look this weekend. That said, it is about $500 above our budget. Would offering $3200 after we check it out be insulating and if necessary go up from there? Thanks in advance for your advice: https://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/5060913906.html :confused:
$3000 to $3500 seems to be a fair price, based on researching that I did. Don't overpay, there is plenty out there to be had.

On a 90 minute drive each way - you might be able to save a bunch of time by contacting him and making your offer in advance, subject to your inspection. If he says he will not take less than any amount over $3500, save yourself the drive.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
With that year and that many miles, you could very soon be in for a new variator, clutch bell/clutch, belt, brake pads, fluids, tires, valve check, etc. The bike can look and run great with a lot of due or overdue maintenance. Try to get a good feel for what's been done and what is due. Personally, with that many miles I would not want to pay more than $2500 if many more than two or three of these items were needed. While the extras are nice, they often don't actually add much to the selling price although, they may make a bike more sellable.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I have 61.6k on my '03 400 and the stock variator (movable and fixed pulley faces), clutch bell, and driven pulley faces are all OEM and fine. I am on my second clutch, an Adige unit i installed around 21k miles and it looks like it has another 35k in it easily.

However because of where we iive most of my riding is 95% open road and 5% in-town; and 100% one-up--I.e. much easier on the CVT and clutch...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
With that year and that many miles, you could very soon be in for a new variator, clutch bell/clutch, belt, brake pads, fluids, tires, valve check, etc. The bike can look and run great with a lot of due or overdue maintenance. Try to get a good feel for what's been done and what is due. Personally, with that many miles I would not want to pay more than $2500 if many more than two or three of these items were needed. While the extras are nice, they often don't actually add much to the selling price although, they may make a bike more sellable.
I'd agree with that. The 400s tranny is very much affected by milage. If nothing has been done, it's not worth the asking price, in fact, it's not worth $3200. $2500 tops.

But if it's got a new belt, rollers and clutch, then you're in the low to mid $3k range.

Brakes, filters & plug are cheap, as is other maintenance items. You can deduct a bit if nothing's been done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts