Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,066 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,729 Posts
Japanese custom bikes follow different language :)

The bosozoku biker gangs often have exaggerated fairings and exhausts, rising 7ft off the ground and that spills into the scooter scene (which also has “bad boy gangs”

There is a thing called “takeyari” style exhaust (or “bamboo spear“) which are ludicrously long mostly that’s for cars and kaido racers.

The Tokyo low riders are my favourites, but ,”sufficient” often doesn’t apply to exhausts

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is an amazing amount of bent tubing there. As a retired pipe fitter/hydraulic system builder I am impressed. I have to ask -- are all the cans flowing exhaust or is only one or two active?

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't answer that. I would like to have something similar as sculptor in my living room or made into a base for a cool bar or coffee table.:unsure:

·
Super Moderator
5,729 Posts
That is part of that style - they are meant to be ridiculous.
On cars they sometimes come out of the car and go back in again to exit somewhere else.

Some go straight up 12ft out of the bonnet or at crazy angles, others form words or symbols, occasionally obscene or Hello Kitty or other mad thing. Others caricature race exhausts in extreme ways.

6ft high stack with a star at the output end for example.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts